Adult Sex Forum

Author   Comment  
Woodsman

Reply with quote  #1 
About Alabama Sex Toy Sales Ban
By regina lynn February 19, 2007 | Wired Magazine

It's been a nine-year fight, but the challengers to Alabama's law against selling personal pleasure devices lost a battle last week when the 11th Circuit ruled -- on Valentine's Day, no less -- that the law is Constitutional.

And while the proponents of the ban claim that they're not trying to dictate what adults do in private and in fact only want to protect the children, it's not that popular of a law among locals. One paper, the Decatur Daily, ran a poll in which 91 percent of respondents thought the ban is stupid.

“I don’t get it,” reader Jim Shook of Decatur wrote in an e-mail. “They want to ban sex toys, but sell guns on every street corner. When was the last time anyone was murdered with a vibrating banana?”

In 2004, the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals decided that Americans do not have a fundamental right to sexual privacy when it upheld the Alabama law.

At the moment, Alabamans can still buy gadgets designed to increase their pleasure, thus helping reinforce intimacy and relaxation and keeping otherwise good citizens from exploding. The law will not be enforced until the case has run its full course, and the plaintiffs can keep on fighting it all the way up to the U.S. Supreme Court if need be. The question now is whether after all these years, they have the energy to keep fighting.

And if they don't, will Alabama residents notice or care? They will, if internet retailers decide not to risk shipping to the state and those sexy Southern women decide that they don't need the state officials telling them what they can and can't buy as part of a normal, healthy sex life.

Badboy_69

Reply with quote  #2 
More stupid laws:

California:

Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.

It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale.

Women may not drive in a house coat.

Delaware:

“R” rated movies shall not be shown at drive-in theaters.

Indiana:

It is illegal for a man to be sexually aroused in public.

Oral sex  is illegal.

A man over the age of 18 may be arrested for statutory rape if the passenger in his car is not wearing her socks and shoes, and is under the age of 17.

Iowa:

A man with a moustache may never kiss a woman in public.

Doctors who treat a person with gonorrhea must report this to the local board of health and include the disease’s “probable origin”.

Missouri:

It is illegal to have oral sex .

Montana:

It is illegal to have a sheep in the cab of your truck without a chaperone.

It is illegal for a man and a woman to have sex  in any other position other than missionary style.

New Jersey:

It is illegal to wear a bullet-proof vest while committing a murder.

It is against the law for a man to knit during the fishing season.

Oklahoma:

It is illegal for the owner of a bar to allow anyone inside to pretend to have sex  with a buffalo.

Oral sex is a misdemeanor and is punishable by one year in jail and a $2,500 fine.

It is illegal to have sex before you are married.
aguy50

Reply with quote  #3 
Pure stupidity. I've been in law enforcement in Alabama for 8 years and I can tell you personally that the ban is a useless bunch of horsecrap and most people I work with agree with me. There's rapes and murder committed on a daily basis but I'm supposed to waste my time keeping some housewife from buying a dildo? None of our jackass politicians want to be responsible for taking that law off the books. Just another reason they give us a bad name.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.