Adult Sex Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics Chat

Author   Comment  
Tabu Toypro

Reply with quote  #1 
It might be a habit you've been doing all your life. But I bet many, many people do not wash new clothing before wearing it. For years, I didn't. Thanks to an undercover special that aired on the Today Show (via TheFrisky), we get to see first hand how retailers are returning your returned items to the sales floor. And in this particular segment, it's lingerie.

Panties, undies, g-strings, thongs...you name it - if it's returned, it's rehung and resold as new. New tags are put on the garments and no discounts are given. I understand stores don't have a washing machine handy, but I think if stores are going to accept returns on intimate apparel, they should at least take a hit on the cost and have a "returns" rack with a percentage off. Would you buy it? Or would you avoid it?

Check out the vid: Reason #359 To Always Wash New Underwear Before Wearing

And just so you are aware - Tabutoys.com does NOT resell anything that is returned. Nothing! (And I am horrified to learn of a new site called Toyswap - a sex toy swat meet. They only allow toys you can sterilize, but still. I'm not using your dildo and I certainly don't want you using my anal plug. End of story.)

Roadie

Reply with quote  #2 
I saw this on the MSN homepage this morning. I couldn't believe it. Think my stuff is gonna start coming from Tabu...we will discuss expanding the line later...lol
Adriana

Reply with quote  #3 
The panty thing is pretty nasty, I must admit. I always washed mine cause even the idea of someone having touched them first is bad but that someone might have worn them and returned them is even weirded.

But as a member of toyswap, I have to say that every intent is made to inform about toy safety and porosity. Toys swapped are probably cleaner than even a pair of panties which has been washed.
Tabu Toypro

Reply with quote  #4 
Oh Adriana, I just can't go there! That's my OCD kicking in, I'm sure. But I'd still rather buy it new, with a seal and clean it myself before I use it. Alone.
P Gell

Reply with quote  #5 
I haven't read the article yet, but I always wash any item of clothing before I wear it. I have a lot of allergies, and sizing on fabric makes me sick. (I have a pair of inexpensive jeans that are "imported" and I have washed them at least 6 or more times, still can feel the sizing on them. It itches and makes me cough.)

I even have to wash comforters and blankets and curtains before I use them. But, returned "intimate" wear. Ugh.

Reply with quote  #6 
Just watched it. "Secret Filth Exposed!: We should have used that for the title to the "Womens' Fantasies" thread. LOL!

Anybody who has ever worked in retail (as I did in High School and the early part of college) would not be surprised at this. Retail stores should take things back nothing worse than being stuck with something which doesn't fit, or was damaged after buying,  or was not for you, but given as a gift, but reselling it as NEW is gross.

I have to tell you, in my profession, I have clients who would be completely grossed out by this, and yet will buy a used breast pump from a friend or family member ("But, she's a really clean lady!" or even buy them used on Ebay. All single patient use pumps have an Open Motor, and all kinds of nasties can grow in the motor and behind the seals and bladder diaphragms attached to the suction filters.There is a lot more risk in that, in the long run.

Yeah,the panty thing is gross, but I am not surprised.

My 21 yr old dd and I got A Free Panty coupon each from Vickies this month, I AM going to make sure they are both carefully washed before either of us wear them.

Reply with quote  #7 
never heard of washing new lingerie
but precautionary its a good idea.
Tabu Toypro

Reply with quote  #8 
^ oh god. cindycrawford's teenage saggy breasts will be gone soon - stand by please...
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.