Adult Sex Forum

Author   Comment  
Tabu Toypro

Reply with quote  #1 
A few days ago, Wisconsin made headlines when it was made public that a new law could lead to criminal charges against teachers for...get this...sex education. Starting this fall, schools that have a sex education class are required to teach students how to use condoms and other contraceptives. Yay! You'd think.

But the Juneau county DA bullied teachers in a letter saying this new requirement, "promotes the sexualization - and sexual assault - of our children". "Forcing our schools to instruct children on how to utilize contraceptives encourages our children to engage in sexual behavior, whether as a victim or an offender," he wrote. "It is akin to teaching children about alcohol use, then instructing them on how to make mixed alcoholic drinks."

Where do I start? Educating someone on the dangers of something doesn't necessarily promote its use. I had a "health" class in highschool and I learned about the reproductive system. However, our PE coach (our teacher) never spoke about condom use. He never mentioned AIDS, which was just starting to show its ugly face. Funny though, they have no problem telling you that sex will make babies and even show you how (you know, the film with the swimming sperm). But they never mention how to prevent making babies because - uh oh - that would mean sex could actually be...fun? Perish the thought!

I'd love to hear your take...you know mine.

P Gell

Reply with quote  #2 
He was arrested? THIS is what we get for 8 years of Bush regression.

I am too angry to even contemplate this right now. Having a shitty day already, I'll go other the edge if I reply in my true opinion about PRUDES and the way they think other people should act.

Reply with quote  #3 
No one was arrested but teachers are being threatened by the DA saying if you teach kids about contraception you are endangering a child. Because they will go out and have sex and if they are minors its illegal and the teachers are then responsible.

Ridiculous.

Hank Alvarez

Reply with quote  #4 
This was what Dr. Campbell warned us about if we wanted to pursue careers in sex Ed. in the public schools. It's not worth it. I just hope those dumb bastard's kids come home knocked up or infected. HHH
DirtyThirties

Reply with quote  #5 
I think the only thing that's going to encourage kids to engage in sexual activity is their biological urges to do it.

Reply with quote  #6 
I feel so left out. Growing up in my part of Southern California in the late 60's and early 70's, we never had a sex education class...I had to learn stuff on my own. In fact, I'm still learning!
P Gell

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabu Toypro

No one was arrested but teachers are being threatened by the DA saying if you teach kids about contraception you are endangering a child. Because they will go out and have sex and if they are minors its illegal and the teachers are then responsible.

Ridiculous.

It is ridiculous. Better the kids might go out and get pregnant or get some girl pregnant? Don't these people understand teenagers WILL have sex. For many of the same reasons adults do, they can, and it feels good. Better they should KNOW how to prevent disease and unwanted pregnancy.

The ignorance of some people.

Reply with quote  #8 
Really? Wisconsin is more liberal than that, boo.

But it's just a letter so fuck 'em
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.