Adult Sex Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics Chat

Author   Comment  
Tabu Toypro

Reply with quote  #1 
Just because it has been in the news twice recently (last year with David Carradine and now Kristian Digby) I thought I would address auto-erotic asphyxiation. It is a real form of sex play that involves oxygen restriction, which can cause loss of consciousness, brain damage and even death. If you are even attempting this type of play, we urge you to know your limits, have a safety plan and do not do it alone.

There is some good reading about the real risks (death) of this type of play. One source is Deviant's Dictionary: Breath Control. I happen to like Tanith Tyrr's advice:

'play it out as a fantasy or fetish, talk up the verbal aspects a lot, and go light on the actual doing of the deed.'

Call me a lightweight, but just reading about it makes me lightheaded...

Please play safe everyone.

Roadie

Reply with quote  #2 
Auto-erotic asphyxiation means you cut off air...cut off air means you cant breath...you cant breath means you cant speak...you cant speak means I dont get to hear my favorite words..."Fuck Me Harder Baby!"

Not to make light of this, but I have never seen anything erotic about it. To each his own I guess...

dreamer60
Reply with quote  #3 
I tried this once and luckily it was with someone who knew what they were doing. It wasn't all that really and I don't think it will ever be added to the list of things I like having done to me.
P Gell

Reply with quote  #4 
Some people, usually men will rig up a "system" with ropes with what they think is a Fail Safe. Problem is, if the fail safe fails to work, you strangle to death. If this is done as masturbation there is no one there to release you if things go wrong.

A friend of my daughters died like this. As  nurse, I had seen this in the ER, and knew as soon as she said, "he hung himself in the closet,  and he was naked" what had happened. His family denied it was autoerotic asphyxia and denied it was suicide. (There were only two explanations) In fact, they were leaning more towards the suicide theory, which was unlikely. He was only 14. So sad to lose this kind boy so young. If only he had had someone to talk to about sex, he might not have left us so soon. (he came from a very inhibited ethnic family, of which we have a lot in our area, they mean well, but the fear of sex just causes so many problems from many unwanted pregnancies to this.)

Reply with quote  #5 
Ugh, sad. I know a lot of people do this alone but it's just as dangerous with a partner. Strangulation is what it is. I dated a guy who liked a little chokey, chokey during sex. Theoretically it's hot...your lover's hands around your neck, which is very exposed during sex (head thrown back) but even if it's supposed to give a mind-blowing sensation during orgasm, no thanks. I'd rather keep my mind intact; not have it blown for good.

Please play safe. Have a plan. Have a codeword ready. Explicity detail your plan to your partner. Careful with those ropes. Don't do this alone.

mistress_kay

Reply with quote  #6 
As much I'd do it with my hands, I don't think I'd ever use rope. Throwing a third object into the occasion means there are chances for mistakes - and I don't like that.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.