Adult Sex Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics Chat

Author   Comment  
Tabu Toypro

Reply with quote  #1 
The big question. Do you think men and women can have a platonic friendship? We're not talking work buddies or the casual aquaintance you see during your daily habits. We're talking real friends. Like having drinks together, maybe a little shopping together, intentionally going out together as friends. Does it stay platonic? Or do you think one of the two wants to get more intimate with the other?

I was reading TheFrisky's Girl Talk: Should I Be Jealous Of His Female Friends? (written by the one and only Rachel Kramer Bussel!) and I just read about this subject somewhere else yesterday...can't remember. So I thought I'd pose the question to our members.

Do you have a platonic friendship with someone of the opposite sex? Does your current partner know? How do they feel about it? And, are you sure the other person (or yourself) isn't hoping one day your relationship could blossom into intimacy?

DirtyThirties

Reply with quote  #2 
Personally I think not. One of them might think they're just friends but the other one would be hanging to shag them.

Reply with quote  #3 
This is a tricky one. I've had lady friends that were nothing more than friends for years until something happened and we became lovers and once you cross that line I don't think you can go back. At least I couldn't. I have a female friend right now who is also a boss of mine. She's been a better friend than boss for the last five years and she's one of the sexiest women I've ever known. She's safe from me because I respect her as a boss and a friend and I'm still madly in love with my wife of twenty-five years. But if anything ever happened to my marriage I'd be after her in a New York Minute. Figure that one out. HHH
DirtyThirties

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHH

But if anything ever happened to my marriage I'd be after her in a New York Minute. Figure that one out. HHH

That's a no then. lol

Reply with quote  #5 
I have male friends for whom I have no sexual desire. Do they want me? I dunno, they're guys.... :-\  

I get along with men, on the whole, a little better than I get along with some women, so it's inevitable I'll have male friends. The Man says "They hang out with you because they want to fuck you." I'm kind of blind to some of this, so I always just assume it's my scintillating personality. ( :)  Who knows?  (he also thinks the butcher cuts up meat specially for me "because he wants to fuck you" and the guy who fixed our furnace gave us a discount "because he wants to fuck you."  and the guy who takes care of the septic tank didn't charge us for the last visit.....you get the idea. Basically, I think he thinks all guys want to. Again, I'm not sure. (And half of them are Gay, so I highly doubt they want me, although My Man's opinion may differ.)

My Man has a few female friends, I trust him, so it isn't an issue. They are mostly the women in the other couples we hang around with, or women at work. It doesn't bother me. He's a Scorpio, so's he damn loyal.

But, I think people can have friends of the opposite sex. But, it is important to respect the Boundaries in your relationship, and the boundaries in your friend's relationships. And make sure each knows about each other. I've never had a male friend The Man didn't know about, and I have never cheated on him, so I guess I'm doing something OK.

Reply with quote  #6 
I know this thread's a little old but I just wanted to chime in as well. I have had many male friends (it was difficult meeting girls in high school that I shared interests with - I've always been a big tomboy).  A lot of my male friends have had crushes on me or lusted after me at one point or another. The feelings were mutual with a couple of them (though nothing or little ever came of it), but not all. I have one friend who would absolutely jump at the chance to get with me, but I've told him I'm not interested in him that way and he has respected this and remained a good friend to me.

I do have a few male friends who have shown absolutely no romantic/sexual interest in me and vice versa (well, it helps that one of them is gay, ha). We get along well and behave just like any group of heterosexual same-sex buddies. So I think it is very possible, but it can be tricky.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.