Adult Sex Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics Chat

Author   Comment  
Tabu Toypro

Reply with quote  #1 
Yes, yes and yes! TV and movies have a huge impact on people, especially teens. Almost any sex scene in the media leaves you with a "consequence-free" feeling and it's a terribly risky way to portray sex and intimacy. It seems especially important since teens and young people seem to get all or most of their sex education from the media.

I'm all for sex education starting at home, but it just isn't happening. As far as the school system goes, it needs major improvement. Sadly, this is a society that is glued to the TV and the internet and is constantly bombarded by advertising. Why not incorporate some safe sex messages? This is a monkey-see, monkey do world. I'd love to see a prime-time "this is your body on AIDS" commercial instead of the drug/frying pan thing...which is a whole other topic.

source: CalgaryHerald

Hank Alvarez

Reply with quote  #2 
I'd like to see it too but I doubt that I ever will in my lifetime. The media is made possible by advertising dollars, be it print, radio or television, and that's where I think the problem lies. Look at the stink that was stirred up by the recent Victoria Secret commercials that were aired. In a lot of places they weren't carried. The religious right and the ignorant sexually phobic public would boycott the sponsors who promoted them and it would die before the second showing. That's my two cents. HHH
Tabu Toypro

Reply with quote  #3 
Well I guess the plan is to keep the public less informed so they can get sick and then Big Pharma to the rescue! To make them sicker and sicker and...

Yeah, makes me sick!

Hank Alvarez

Reply with quote  #4 
Pro:
Unfortunately, you've got that right. HHH
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.