Adult Sex Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics Chat

Author   Comment  
Tabu Toypro

Reply with quote  #1 
We all know that our bodies produce natural fluids to reduce friction during sexual play. Without it, intercourse would be painful, possibly dangerous and completely unpleasant. As we age, (ladies) we tend to not produce as much natural fluid as we used to. Some people don't even realize this and wonder why sex hurts or isn't as good as it used to be. Enter the wonderful world of lubricants.

If you are primarily using sex toys that are not soft in any way shape or form, you can use silicone lubricant. It lasts much longer than water based lubes do and you can use it for actual sex and handjobs too.

If you like using lube with your toys and your toys are soft (meaning Cyberskin, silicone, jelly rubber..anything that is soft) you should only use water-based lubes. Why? You can break down and deteriorate the surface of "soft" toys, which can then harbor bacteria.

But back to sex; here's what I want to know - do you always use lubricant? Do you have a favorite brand? When did you start using it?

P Gell

Reply with quote  #2 
We don't always use it. For some reason My Man thinks "It's for anal only." (Or when using toys.)  I've used it and he doesn't mind, but I get way slippery on my own, and if I don't need it, and use it anyway, there's just not enough friction. (Vag/penis sex.)

For anal, yes, always should although we've "forgotten" a few times, when things got really hot and heavy and oddly enough, it was fine for me, but was uncomfortable for him.

We actually started using it many many years ago, when I was in High School and on the Pill and was really dry and uncomfortable and we bought this awful flavored stuff at Spencers and I was getting all these urinary tract infections and yeast infections and we didn't know this crappy lube, which was probably mostly glycerin was to blame.

We usually use KY Gelle, or Astroglide in the GREEN cap, no glycerin. For anal (if we remember, because most of the time one of us just grabs the Astroglide bottle, always in such a hurry) we use the Shooters. They do have glycerin, but if you clean up right away, it isn't a problem.

Reply with quote  #3 
Short answer - Yes...always. What do we use? Wet Platinum (question is not asked...so I will...Why do you use that brand? Cuz its cheap at Walley World...but it is silicone). I started using it when Wife #1 started grimacing when I entered her. Didnt know if I was hurting her...if she just didnt want it (which turned out to be the case)(hmmm...same thing with wife #2...I'm detecting a pattern here...) and lesson learned...

Dreamer and I always use a lubricant. After reading posts on here about using silicone vs. water based lubes with toys...we use the appropriate lube with the appropriate  toys (depending if we are the toys or they are made of rubber, plastic, plug-in, etc).

I dont care how lubricated Dreamer is...I will ALWAYS use some type of lube. I dont want any more grimaces.

DirtyThirties

Reply with quote  #4 
We used to ALWAYS use it. It was essential.

But once I had my sexual epiphany we no longer needed it. Im happy about that too.

I hated the sticky gel type. I like it sort of watery.

Reply with quote  #5 
Years ago, before the wife had a hysterectomy, we never needed lube. Now it is essential. Have not tried many but I always liked Astroglide but it is pretty runny and she didn't appreciate that so we went back to our first choice of K-Y Gel in the squeeze tube.
Tabu Toypro

Reply with quote  #6 
DirtyThirties....Sexual epiphany? Can you share with the class?

I have to say that I cannot stand KY. It's way too sticky and doesn't seem to last anyway. I prefer liquid lube but even the Hydra Smooth Cream lube is a nicer consistency than KY.

If any of you want to try a new lube but don't want to pop out twenty bucks with shipping and all, grab a sample size of Moist on your next purchase. For $2 why not?

Hank Alvarez

Reply with quote  #7 
We seniors, and I'm just telling you that to piss off my child bride, but she agrees we need lubrication. Evidently Mother Nature reduces the volume of natural lubrication that was available when we were in the baby making ages to keep us from fucking in our 'golden years.' You guys are lucky now a days because you have so many wonderful choices. Originally it was Vaseline Petrolium Jelly for us. It was messy and a chore to clean off, but in the sixties it was as commonly seen in the bedroom as as the bedside lamp.

Today you have such wonderful choices. My personal favorites are PJUR original and anal and they're like Brill Creme from the forties, "just a little dab 'll do ya."  The problem is the PJUR products I bought are silicone based and I'm still in the dog house over that. (My wife's got a good memory). They work so well you only have to use a little bit and you can even use them in the shower! The problem is we bought a new California King play pen, I mean bed, and my wife bought sheets that almost cost as much as the damn bed. We had fun, the sheets got stained and I'm the guy so I got blamed. That's okay after twenty-five years of marriage I spend so much time in the dog house I've got fleas, but now you see the problem. If you're a member of the rubber sheet set it shouldn't be a problem.

For water based lubes the wife and I each have our favorites.She likes 'Vibra Lube' but I think it dries up too soon. I don't know where the hell we bought it, probably a sex shop. It says it's, "Made for use with toys," and it's from North Carolina. She says, "It feels so natural." She had a hysterectomy twenty five years ago and that's when we had to start using lube; I don't think she remembers what natural was like.

My vote goes to JO H2O regular and anal water based lubes. The bottle says, "Meet your new best friend," and they're not kidding. She says it's too thick but when use it we don't rub each other raw anymore. It's heavy enough that it doesn't dry up mid-stroke and have to be reapplied. It's easier to clean up and it doesn't stain the damn sheets. So that's my two cents. HHH
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.