Adult Sex Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics Chat
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
PrincessKLS

Registered:
Posts: 234
Reply with quote  #1 
It seems like in the new decade/century/millennium; that shaving the pubes is no longer sexual but it's more of a hygiene issue. What do you think?

I grew up in a very conservative, bible belt sort of town in Virginia so depending on who you'd ask (this was in the 90s) it seen as sexual/taboo or normal.
0
Adriana

Registered:
Posts: 651
Reply with quote  #2 
I think it is viewed as more hygienic and is probably more of a general trend than sexual, yes, but it's still rooted in sexuality.
0
PrincessKLS

Registered:
Posts: 234
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriana

I think it is viewed as more hygienic and is probably more of a general trend than sexual, yes, but it's still rooted in sexuality.


I've noticed in the new millennium a lot of sexuality ideals that were once taboos aren't so much, even in bible belt small towns. Though there's still a lot of conservatives trying to fight these "new" ideals.  Sorry don't mean to make it a political issue but this one hygenic practice that many women and men do now really did used to have sexual connatations only.  In fact an old fashioned idea that even my mom tried to teach me is "don't shave above the knee of your leg". So according that ideals alone the pubes would be off limits.
0
Adriana

Registered:
Posts: 651
Reply with quote  #4 
I never heard the don't shave above your knee one but, then again, I come from the godless north.
0
PrincessKLS

Registered:
Posts: 234
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriana

I never heard the don't shave above your knee one but, then again, I come from the godless north.


I come the south but not the deep south. Virginia is considered a mid-Atlantic (in between state). I hate to see how some of these deep south people are and live if you have this sort of fanaticism in Virginia,
0
shyncrestview

Registered:
Posts: 3
Reply with quote  #6 
I have to say that my girlfriend shaves, and I help her. I think that it is incredibly sexy. When we're through shaving her then she helps me shave. I hardly get through with out getting off. and then it moves off to the bed
0
Annabanana

Registered:
Posts: 79
Reply with quote  #7 
Now with the internet I wonder if teenage boys will know that women actually have pubic hair
0
Agirl

Registered:
Posts: 22
Reply with quote  #8 
I know body hair is natural and I should accept that but I always react when I see a great big bush. It just looks so unattractive to me.
0
P Gell

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 366
Reply with quote  #9 
There is NOTHING "hygienic" about shaving one's pubic hair. I remember back in the 70s and 80s, when those of us involved in the Natural Childbirth Movement raised the roof and REFUSED to have our pubic hair shaved during childbirth. Not only did we consider it humiliating and infantalizing and some would say......dare I breach this? Pedophillic. , We knew it is LESS hygienic than leaving the hair alone.

Women who are shaved before childbirth actually have a HIGHER chance of a post partum infection than those whose pubes are left alone. The Micro Cuts which happen during shaving (especially the tender tissue of the Labia Majora) will actually let in MORE bacteria and leaving the hair in place protects the pubic area and results in less infection. In fact, the rate of post partum infection has been on the increase in recent years, the ONLY variable? Young women who even in the midst of late pregnancy, think their pubic hair was a mistake that needs to be eradicated from their bodies. The result? An increase of a nearly eradicated plague of post partum infections.

As nurses and doctors, We've asked them, "Just don't shave for a month or two before the baby is born. OK?" The ones who listen usually end up fine, the ones who reply "EW, it's gross." sometimes end up on IV antibiotics and separated from their babies. *sigh* These are, of course, many of the same women who demand the fucking epidural the minute the pregnancy test comes back positive or worse yet, DEMAND a C Section, even if it isn't medially necessary. Most of the work done in Natural Women's Health in the 70s and 80s has been destroyed by this ridiculous fad, among other things by young girls who take the best of what the Movement had to give and laugh at the rest and have done NONE of the work..... (And there is NO reason to think that what happens in childbirth is any different than what happens during sex. The ONLY real "hygienic" reason to totally shave one's pubes if one contracts a case of the Crabs, (Pubic Lice) in fact when I was in High School, the ONLY girls who had shaved pubes we KNEW were the ones who had The Crabs....)

There is NOTHING "DIRTY" about pubic hair. There is nothing "clean" or "hygienic" about a shaved pussy. Do you shave your head so your scalp isn't "filthy?" No, you bathe regularly and wash your hair. The same is true about pubic hair.

I trim mine back, as being Mediterranean, it would be difficult to wear short shorts and I don't want to look like I am smuggling Chewbacca in a garter belt and stockings, but I DO NOT shave the Labia Majora. There is simply no reason to do so. In fact, there is good reason NOT to.

If you want to do it, fine, do it, BUT it is NOT "hygienic" it does not "increase sexual feeling" and yes, Virginia, I think total removal of all pubic hair IS a fad.....your body, do what you like with it. BUT, think, please about the origin of this fad......and it had nothing to do with "hygiene" and everything to do with......what do YOU think?

God, I have wanted to get this shit off my chest for the longest time....


__________________
I can be tolerant of almost anything....except Intolerance........and Dairy Products
0
admin

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 214
Reply with quote  #10 
P Gell,

I wasn't aware of the medical implications of shaving but it does make sense. The hair is obviously there for a reason. By the way, I love your rants.

__________________
Shop safe at Tabutoys.com
Get sexually enlightened in my Bedroom Blog
0
Hank Alvarez

Registered:
Posts: 927
Reply with quote  #11 
As you can see this is a much more controversial subject than we anticipated. Here's my wife's two cents worth: She doesn't like to be shaved clean for a couple of reasons. First, she claims it makes her sweat more down there. I can't understand that but it's her privates. Second and third, and I can understand these: she says there's always some razor burn and itching when it starts to grow out.

Now here's my take on it. There's not much that turns me on more than shaving her legs and trimming her pubes. I even bought a barber kit for it and I can get pretty creative. It's nice to trim it into a heart and know that it's yours. But then again I have another ulterior motive. Being a dirty old man and considering that she doesn't like doing it herself, I happily do it for her and she gives me a a BJ. It's a deal made in heaven. HHH 
0
P Gell

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 366
Reply with quote  #12 
Thanks, guys, I'm glad my rant was taken in the spirit it was intended. Not as an attack on anyone or on anyone's Lifestyle. Just was in a pissy mood (HHH can relate ) and I am SO tired of the "hygiene" fallacy for shaving pubes bald.

One's body is there to do with what one wants. Like I said, I certainly trim up and tidy up (but even that is a fairly recent thing, The Man and I used to hang around a lot of Grateful Dead shows, need I say more? Hair is part of the Experience. ) and if a woman feels better totally bald, it's her pussy to shave, not mine to judge.

My point was it isn't "cleaner" but if you like it that way, be my guest. I'm happy to trim the untidies to right below my pubic bone, and the insides of my thighs where it might otherwise creep out of my panties (lovely image, huh?).......that's where I dray MY line. Your line may well be in a different place, or not there at all.

__________________
I can be tolerant of almost anything....except Intolerance........and Dairy Products
0
Hank Alvarez

Registered:
Posts: 927
Reply with quote  #13 
P-Gell: your points are well taken and no apology is necessary for your rant. I really wish more people would participate. And coming from the medical side you often give us a perspective we won't get else where. There's probably some clown who is going to try to convince his lover to shave herself raw and as bare as a new baby's ass because he saw it in a porn video. And she might do it anyway but at least now she has a reasonable frame of reference to use to make an intelligent decision. And if the guys learns that she might like to lay in a warm tub of bubbles with a glass of champaign in one hand and a chocolate covered strawberry in the other while he gives her a summer trim for her bikini bottom it just might change his whole world. I know it did mine. HHH
0
mistress_kay

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 94
Reply with quote  #14 
I agree - no apologies needed. I don't know too much about the health of pubic hair, but I do relate to a point in your article about everyone wanting c-sections. When I hear a lot of women talk about their pregnancy, they just assume they'll have a c-section. How odd.

As for pubic hair, I think it's too much of a pain in the ass to keep it all the way shaved. Really. A pain. Trimming is really much easier and looks just as neat and "clean".

__________________
http://kinky-world.net/
18F Mistress
0
PrincessKLS

Registered:
Posts: 234
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by P Gell

There is NOTHING "hygienic" about shaving one's pubic hair. I remember back in the 70s and 80s, when those of us involved in the Natural Childbirth Movement raised the roof and REFUSED to have our pubic hair shaved during childbirth. Not only did we consider it humiliating and infantalizing and some would say......dare I breach this? Pedophillic. , We knew it is LESS hygienic than leaving the hair alone.

Women who are shaved before childbirth actually have a HIGHER chance of a post partum infection than those whose pubes are left alone. The Micro Cuts which happen during shaving (especially the tender tissue of the Labia Majora) will actually let in MORE bacteria and leaving the hair in place protects the pubic area and results in less infection. In fact, the rate of post partum infection has been on the increase in recent years, the ONLY variable? Young women who even in the midst of late pregnancy, think their pubic hair was a mistake that needs to be eradicated from their bodies. The result? An increase of a nearly eradicated plague of post partum infections.

As nurses and doctors, We've asked them, "Just don't shave for a month or two before the baby is born. OK?" The ones who listen usually end up fine, the ones who reply "EW, it's gross." sometimes end up on IV antibiotics and separated from their babies. *sigh* These are, of course, many of the same women who demand the fucking epidural the minute the pregnancy test comes back positive or worse yet, DEMAND a C Section, even if it isn't medially necessary. Most of the work done in Natural Women's Health in the 70s and 80s has been destroyed by this ridiculous fad, among other things by young girls who take the best of what the Movement had to give and laugh at the rest and have done NONE of the work..... (And there is NO reason to think that what happens in childbirth is any different than what happens during sex. The ONLY real "hygienic" reason to totally shave one's pubes if one contracts a case of the Crabs, (Pubic Lice) in fact when I was in High School, the ONLY girls who had shaved pubes we KNEW were the ones who had The Crabs....)

There is NOTHING "DIRTY" about pubic hair. There is nothing "clean" or "hygienic" about a shaved pussy. Do you shave your head so your scalp isn't "filthy?" No, you bathe regularly and wash your hair. The same is true about pubic hair.

I trim mine back, as being Mediterranean, it would be difficult to wear short shorts and I don't want to look like I am smuggling Chewbacca in a garter belt and stockings, but I DO NOT shave the Labia Majora. There is simply no reason to do so. In fact, there is good reason NOT to.

If you want to do it, fine, do it, BUT it is NOT "hygienic" it does not "increase sexual feeling" and yes, Virginia, I think total removal of all pubic hair IS a fad.....your body, do what you like with it. BUT, think, please about the origin of this fad......and it had nothing to do with "hygiene" and everything to do with......what do YOU think?

God, I have wanted to get this shit off my chest for the longest time....




On the topic of removing it completely, in my recent issue of Cosmo on one of their hot vs not lists they have brazilian as being out but vajazzling is in. But how could you vajazzle without a brazilian? Anyway, on one of my Girls Next Door DVDs, it was unedited and I was shocked by the amount of pubic hair Bridgette had in one of her photo shoots and I noticed ion the Playboy site, there were some girls with shaved but not completely and not waxed pussy. So maybe the fad is ending.
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.