Adult Sex Forum

Author   Comment  
Tabu Toypro

Reply with quote  #1 
If you're still a shaver rather than a waxer, how often do you change out your razor blades? If you go with the cheap disposables, it's probably pretty often. I invested in an expensive razor with even more expensive blade refills and I'm sick of throwing money out!

While buzzing around online, I saw a little video about a man who'd been using the same razor for over a year. By choice! He had a little trick that he swore by to sharpen his razor. Now, he didn't have a straight razor, we're talking about a common, bic-style razor.

To sharpen it, he takes the razor to the underside of his forearm (the part that has practically no hair) and he scrapes it across the arm in the opposite way you'd shave. So, you're not shaving, but using the same motion. Flip the razor over and glide it on the arm, backwards. I hope that's descriptive enough, but if not, I'm sure it can easily be searched for online. I have tried it and I will see how long I can make mine last. Will let you all know how it's going.

Do you have any tricks for a closer shave or to keep your blades sharp?

P Gell

Reply with quote  #2 
I use the Venus Breeze and I am sick of going through razors. I do have to say, that since I have been "cleaning up" more than I used to, the hair is somewhat softer, but I still have to shave: legs (even the tops, because I'm Mediterranean, and we're a swarthy lot) underarms, ankles, inside thighs, top of pubes, all the way down to the "line" where I leave a little fluff around my labia. IT'S A LOT OF WORK! And I go through blades like crazy.

I change razors about every third time. I think so.

I saw an ad for a new "bikini razor" with two ends. One for the main part and one for "trimming." It looks promising, I think it's a manual razor, not electric (which does NOT work on pubes, at least not on my steel wool stuff)  I think it was called The Schick Quattro Razor. I need to see if I can find it at our stores.

I've tried Salley Hanson's hair remover for "sensitive areas." And although it still leaves some hair, (and I have to use a razor after even though you are not supposed to) it does, after my clothes have had time to wear away the left over, leaves it smooth for a while longer than shaving. It doesn't smell as badly as Nair, but I did get some on my inner labia and even though I washed it off it burned like HELL!!!!

What we go through. And My Man looks like a cave man. *sigh* Not that I'd want him "manscaped."

Reply with quote  #3 
Quattro has the trimmer/razor combo for both men and women. Same thing, though. Except the one for men is silvery and more masculine. LOL It uses the same blades as regular Quattro razors (the men and female versions will fit both). I bought the trimmer and liked how well it worked to trim down long hair so I could -then- shave it but it eventually stopped working? Could be from the cats knocking it down so much.

I am using my Venus Divine for everything now. I vary when I switch from every 2 weeks or so to sometimes more like 6 weeks. I honestly just forget, LOL
P Gell

Reply with quote  #4 
Adriana, is the Quattro electric? Battery?

Reply with quote  #5 
I bought one of these Quatto razors. Awful! The razor part was cheap, and even though it was brand new, it cut me more than once. I've been shaving for years and never get razor cuts anymore, this one, I was cut up and bleeding. Then I tried to use the "trimmer part" and it was silly, it just made a lot of noise and did very little.

I used it in the shower, of course. (It is supposed to be "water proof" and to be used in the shower.) Two days later, I was back for an other shave. I picked the thing up and the trimmer didn't work. I put in a new battery. It didn't work. I had kept the receipt, so I brought it back to the store. The guy started to mess with it at the counter, after giving me a hard time because I had not kept the packaging. (It was put into the recycling bin and taken the day after I bought it.) and after messing with it it started to buzz again. He said, "You had the battery in upside down." I looked at it, and realized the battery was exactly the way I had it originally. (And how could I have used it and it worked OK, and THEN somehow the battery got in upside down the next time I used it?)  I realized that it was a crappy design (as Pro always said, "I black rubber ring does not make something waterproof, even if it says so." and it must have an intermittent electrical problem.

The Man is an expert on Electronics Power Supply, and he said, before I left the house. "It's either an inefficient 'water proofing" idea, or it's intermittent. Either way, you don't want it at all." So, I persisted with the dude at Target and forced him to take it back and got the money put back on my credit card.

It was a waste of time and a silly ordeal I didn't need to deal with.

I'd stay away from this product.

Reply with quote  #6 
sorry, I keep forgetting about these forums. The trimmer has a battery but it's a combo with the regular quattro razor. The waterproof issue is probably what caused the issues but my husband has the men's one and it still works. I know cause sometimes I use it >_>

I've had good luck with the quattro, off and on. Sometimes I just don't like it much.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.