Adult Sex Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics Chat

Author   Comment  
Tabu Toypro

Reply with quote  #1 
Hank - this one's for you! Next year, you might take a trip to Vegas in January. Part of the Adult Entertainment Expo is the Legends of Erotica show. Here is a link to an article about this year's inductees: http://business.avn.com/articles/37140.html

The walls of the main room at Showgirl Video are lined with the cement castings of the hands, tits and asses of Legends inductees past, including some of the greats and near-greats of XXX, such as Victoria Paris, Eric Edwards, Bunny Bleu, Randy West and about three dozen others, collected since the show's founding in the mid-'90s.

Scheduled to be inducted this evening were Storm, Roxanne Hall, Peter North, Cleopatra of the Nile and Kylie Ireland (designated by the late director Jim Holliday as his "Shamrock Angel", and special tributes were to be paid to previous inductee Marilyn Chambers, who died this past summer, as well as Golden Age star Shauna Grant, who committed suicide after filming less than 30 movies.

The event can best be described as informal, with Master of Ceremonies Margold encouraging the audience to ask questions of the stars, claiming, "You can't, I believe, embarrass an adult performer, so ask them whatever you want."

Hank Alvarez

Reply with quote  #2 

Thanks "Pro." I'll put that on my calendar for next year and hope I'm still here. Although I have to admit most of my favorites from by gone days are no longer with us. Sometimes I feel like George Burns when they asked him at his 99th birthday party if he still smoked twenty cigars a day, to which he confessed, "Yes." Then the reporter asked if he still drank a dozen matini's everyday? Again he answered, "Yes," and the reporter asked how his doctor felt about that? He answered stone faced, "I don't know, my doctor died a long time ago." I'd sure like to see some of them I've watched and admired for years up close while they're still around. Hank
P Gell

Reply with quote  #3 
Marilyn Chambers died? When? What did she die of? How sad.

Reply with quote  #4 
P Gell:
I think she died of a ruptured cerebral aneurysm. That's a weakened arterial wall that bursts depriving the brain of blood, hence oxygen. I lost a friend to the same thing years ago. The only thing that's good about it is that it's quick and probably painless. The downside, besides being dead, is that it doesn't give you a chance to say a good act of contrition. Although I don't think she had much to be sorry for. Hank
Tabu Toypro

Reply with quote  #5 
Yah, "natural causes" at 57? Hmph. http://forums.tabutoys.com/community/index.php?topic=1282.msg4825#msg4825
Hank Alvarez

Reply with quote  #6 
For what it's worth, my friend was only about 44 when his wife found him dead on the kitchen floor from the same cause. If you've got to go I guess there's probably no better way but it's just sad that she had to die so young. I enjoyed her work from her younger years but I appreciated the fact that in her later years she was one of the few who had the balls to speak openly about sex and question our mores and beliefs. Hank
Tabu Toypro

Reply with quote  #7 
I suppose you're right. Who says we all get to last until we're deaf, blind and forgetful?
P Gell

Reply with quote  #8 
When I was a kid, probably about 14 or 15, I found Marylin's autobiography in paperback in one of my dad's dressers in the attic. OMG! What an amazing, eye opening thing for a young girl to read. It gave me some insights to sex that I had never thought of before.

I will always thank her for that introduction.

R.I.P, Marylin.

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.