Adult Sex Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics Chat

Author   Comment  
Tabu Toypro

Reply with quote  #1 
April 16th was national "Day of Silence", intended to raise awareness about bullying and harassment due to sexual orientation. In Kentucky, there was an unfortunate incident that makes the date all too relevant.

A young lesbian student was beaten by 3 female classmates who then attempted to push her off a 50 foot cliff. The story is heartbreaking and alarming. The only good news is that the girl, Cheyenne Williams, managed to fend them off with a stick. She was later kidnapped by the same group again, and they threatened her to keep silent.

She didn't. Ashley N. Sams, 18, of Annville and Corrine M. Schwab, 18 of Sandgap, were arrested and charged with kidnapping and attempted murder. (good!) A third 17-year-old girl was also charged in connection with the attack but those charges, and her name, are being withheld because she is a juvenile.

This is utterly disgusting. People, please... The next time you hear a gay slur or see acts of indifference towards gay, lesbian and trans folks, please say something. Stand up for acceptance. We cannot let our youth go on hate crime sprees like this - especially against other young people. Be the example.

source: CBS news (if you want to see the faces of hate)

Tabu Toypro

Reply with quote  #2 
Now I'm reading this was a prank? http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20003523-504083.html?tag=latest

Why would a girl whose been "out" since 6th grade participate in a prank like this on the "Day of Silence"? I wonder what the truth really is...

Hank Alvarez

Reply with quote  #3 
Sorry this doesn't surprise me except that they were girls. Maybe when we make that deal with the Chinese for Louisiana we might be able to talk them into taking Kentucky off our hands too. The stupid inbred bastards. HHH
Tabu Toypro

Reply with quote  #4 
What kills me is these are kids we're talking about. When did teenagers become so violent? When I was young, sure there were fights, sure there was harassment, definitely close-minded kids hating on open minded kids. But I don't recall anyone getting hospitalized or beaten so hard they were on the verge of death. What's gotten into our youth? Is there really that much parental neglect? Or are parents teaching hate?
Hank Alvarez

Reply with quote  #5 
Pro:
Our society is changing, or more correctly disintegrating rapidly, and I've seen it in the public school system for the last forty years. When I first started teaching in '79 we were just starting to get the defiant kids of the "Hell no I won't go," generation and it's gone down hill ever since. They've inherited the worst of each preceding generation and they're becoming more violent because the little bastards know we can't do anything to them. Good luck because checking out of this mad house someday is going to be a relief. HHH
Adriana

Reply with quote  #6 
Since when are 18 year olds children? I mean, those are legally adults and to think they could get away with this is pretty absurd.
PrincessKLS

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabu Mod

What kills me is these are kids we're talking about. When did teenagers become so violent? When I was young, sure there were fights, sure there was harassment, definitely close-minded kids hating on open minded kids. But I don't recall anyone getting hospitalized or beaten so hard they were on the verge of death. What's gotten into our youth? Is there really that much parental neglect? Or are parents teaching hate?

I think it's a mix of both. Many parents feel that they are limited to how they can discipline their kids and feel very powerless or just don't care. It seems like we now have a generation of teens and young adults who treat having a child like it's a pet or an accessory because in the past few years, particular in 2005 and 2006, celeb pregnancies had become so common and popular and celebrated and it wasn't just celebs between the ages of 30-50 but also 20 somethings and 16 year old Jamie Lynn Spears making it hot. Not to mention some mothers getting reality shows and praise for having so many children. That could cause some parental neglect. Not to mention I have seen it with my own eyes that when dealing with adopting a child or being a foster parent, these parents can basically pick and choose what child they want or don't want. And with mothers who have children, it's becoming more acceptable for them to say "I don't want/can't handle my child, I will put it up for adoption." Instead of taking responsibility and I'm not against adoption or even abortion but I was raised to believe that if you get pregnant, you have to "live with the consequences" and consider that if you do give your child up for adoption that the child would question your love for it. And I think these behaviors may have contributed to increased parental neglect and abuse.

And also on the side of parents teaching hate. I especially feel from the side of the right winged Christian conservative movement that hate particularly for the homosexuality community is being pushed and taught frequently. Part of my conflicts with the GLBT community was due to the parental and church influence of my child and teenhood that taught me homosexuality was wrong and for the record that any "odd" sexual behavior or "non-marital" sexual practices was dirty and wrong so that's why I'm so "bipolar" when it comes to sexuality. So this could be why teens have become so aggressive toward "student with differences". It's a paradoxical world we live in. On one hand, everyone is to be accepted and free to be who they are and want to be but on another hand, there's still "acceptable" vs "unacceptable" behavior in today's world. I'm kind of glad I'm not a teenager anymore but I'm not quite old enough to be so set in my ways. I'm a young adult, in some ways, I'm still growing and it's been quite difficult for me.
PrincessKLS

Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHH

Pro:
Our society is changing, or more correctly disintegrating rapidly, and I've seen it in the public school system for the last forty years. When I first started teaching in '79 we were just starting to get the defiant kids of the "Hell no I won't go," generation and it's gone down hill ever since. They've inherited the worst of each preceding generation and they're becoming more violent because the little bastards know we can't do anything to them. Good luck because checking out of this mad house someday is going to be a relief. HHH

You know what is so funny to me. I've been on many spirituality forums and people keep talking about indigo/crystal/star/etc children and how they have characteristic of being anti authority, usually having some medical diagnosis because people don't understand them, or how in 2012 we as human will be extremely progressed spiritually and apparently a lot of children born in the last two decades were "spiritually progressed" children but to me being spiritually progressive doesn't mean fight endless with authority ( I do see good reasons for it sometimes but not over everything, the US authorities/world authorities aren't always as unreasonable as people think), doesn't mean that you are mean to "people below you", or that you should refuse "proper education". To me a spiritually progressed person would be the opposite and although different would calmly find a way to blend or get along with fellow citizens and encourage greatness out of others. And I realize public school isn't always "proper" education and that dropping out of school doesn't mean you are as dumb as rocks but there's a lot of children who will go to school daily and not care and half of them who do drop out aren't neccessarily intelligent in terms of not just book smarts but can lack common sense and street smarts. Kids have "hated" school for centuries but usually were encouraged to stay in school if they had the abilities and resources. And usually if they did quit, it was to tend to important family business or accept apprentinceships in a trade or even to go off to the army to fight a war. In otherwords, actually do something and not just quit to stay home, sleep, eat junk food, play video games, and fuck off with like minded friends. I worry about the future of the US gov't if US public school children continue to get dumber. The president in 2030 or beyond would be like George Bush times 10 and it's bad enough that Sarah Palin is in politics and I swear if she's ever elected, I'm going to use all of my resources (no matter how tiny) and pack up for European residency or something. And when I was in high school from 1998-2002, I knew people like this, I had a best friend once who hated school with a passion and swore she'd quit once she turned 16 to run to become a rockstar. Thankfully she didn't and actually got a college education a normal job but she had a badass attitude and was lazy half the time. And also she couldn't technically quit school back then in my state because my state used to have and may still have a law that states that you can't drop out until age 18 which meant, for most people that would be their senior year if ever. But there were loopholes, you had the option prior to age 18 to drop out of regular day school for night school for a GED. I had a neighbor around the same age that swore he got a regular hs diploma in night school but his mother said he went to night school since he wouldn't do his work, so it was like a punishment. And I actually had another friend who was a year older than me who actually became a 4th year freshman (although she denied it) because she would skip classes often and fail them. She ended up in night school and she apparently dropped out completely at age 17. Perhaps, the school decided in her case to just let her go. Like when I saw she'd skip classes, I mean she'd brag about missing over 100 days in the year! No joke, and she'd sleep in and the best grade she would get was maybe a D or a C. And according to one of our teachers she was very bright but refused to do any work. Which I found was sad but what was even sadder was she had two well acheived older brothers and a younger brother who was severely mentally handicapped who couldn't even go to a normal school and yet, she couldn't buckle down. She loved her younger brother and supposedly helped him a lot more than anyone else in the family but she took her own abilities for grant it. Last I've seen of her (which has been years) she was getting married and pregnant, no word on if she went back to school or what job she had. She also had a bad reputation of being a ho but not a pretty girl. She told me once in a graphic way that her grandfather molested her at age 4 and he did the same to her mom. She of course smoke and drank. But behind it all, she was a good person but she just couldn't hold it together.
admin

Administrator
Reply with quote  #9 
Princess, I thought we had it bad growing up as a teen in the 1980's, with Nancy Reagan telling us to just say no and Bush Senior's "thousand points of light." It seemed like schools existed solely to crush every shred of individuality or self-determination, but I really did think things would change for the better. I was so wrong.

Have you seen a movie called "Idiocracy?" It's a satirical view of what the world would look like 500 years from now if the mentally deficient outbred the intelligent and stupidity was actually legislated. It’s hilarious, but terrifying when you consider the fact that the film is only 5 years old and you find yourself living out scenes from the movie. Just walking through a Walmart will show you the how quickly the "moronization" of our culture has taken hold. When we watch the evening news my husband will often lean over to me and whisper “Idiocracy!”

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.