Adult Sex Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics Chat

Author   Comment  
Tabu Toypro

Reply with quote  #1 
Monogamy. Is it against human nature? Most commonly, couples that get together want to stay together, exclusively. But there are those brave souls that do indeed have open, non-monogamous relationships. And somehow they make it work. Sometimes they feel like the only choice they have is to open their relationship.

For example, I read a blog where a couple in a long-distance relationship was having trouble with the many miles between them. They are thinking about opening their relationship so they can have sexual satisfaction now, and still have each other when they can finally get together. That's a little different than couples who may live in the same town, but it's still a non-monagamous situation.

Here is the thought process of the woman, trying to decide if opening up is going to work for her:

Ideal World: We remain completely in love, and anyone else is just a casual fling.
Real World: He meets a new girl and wants to pursue a relationship.

Ideal World: We are able to have casual sex with other people without any repercussions to our relationship.
Real World: One of us can’t handle the jealousy and it’s too late (and we’re too far away) to fix it.

Ideal World: There are no STDs!
Real World: He picks up gonorrhea from one of his ladies and gives it to me the next time we’re together.

Ideal World: Our families don’t find out, or are incredibly open-minded and support our decision.
Real World: His mom will forever think of me as “that ho who was sleeping around on her son.”

Ideal World: I meet tons of boys, but he’s too busy with work to meet any girls.
Real World: He’s on dates every Friday night while I’m at home making love to Ben and Jerry.

Valid concerns. How would you handle a long-distance relationship? Would you be open to being open?

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.