Adult Sex Forum

Author   Comment  
P Gell

Reply with quote  #1 
We bought this toy cleaner and received it last week.

http://www.tabutoys.com/product/Anti_Bacterial_Sex_Toy_Cleaner_4_3_oz_

It has triclosan in it, and I was wondering if it was safe to use, and then put the toy away when dry and then use without having to rewash it with soap and water. Our toys are usually washed with hot water and soap after every use, but sometimes you are just so tired and sleepy, you don't want to get up.

Can I use this on insertable toys (this would be not for anal use, just other orafices) and use them the next time, if they don't get to soap and water before the next time?

Reply with quote  #2 
I'll tell you what I'd do, and that's wash with soap and water anyway. I'm sceptical about spray-on cleaners used solo. I have read about the potential dangers of triclosan and how your body absorbs it. So that'd be the only reason I'd say go for water too.

Even though I am a germophobe, I personally don't use anti-bacterial anything. I think certain bacteria is important in keeping the immune system strong.

I also read about problems when mixing triclosan with tap water - ugh! I'd *think* it'd have to be much more than what's in consumer products. And this stuff is in everything!

P Gell

Reply with quote  #3 
Ah, crap. I paid 8 bucks for a product I will probably never use. I wish the site had said there was triclosan in it, I probably wouldn't have bought it. I am not crazy about "anti-bacterial" products either. Plain soap and water do just a good of a job on hands. In the hospital we DO have Purel (gel alcohol) in dispensers on the inside and outside of every exam room, but this is different, it's to make sure you are nearly sterile if you don't have time to wash your hands. I still like to wash the Purel off (it's NOT Purel, some hospital brand) as much as I can. And bacteria do not develop resistance to alcohol.

Now, what am I going to do with the toy wash? Maybe just use it until we can get to the sink later. I don't like leaving toys lying around not clean.

Reply with quote  #4 
Quick little FYI: The photo of the bottle shows "Fights Bacteria with Triclosan, an Anti-Bacterial Ingredient". I know it's hard to see since it's lavender on clear, but it's there.

I thought everything "anti-bacterial" has triclosan in it - hospitals especially, no? And so do lots of soaps, cleansers, deodorants, toothpastes, skin cleansers and lotions.

Here is an excellent fact sheet from Beyond Pesticides

Lots of people use this and buy it repeatedly. I personally like my soap and water. But it seems that soaps contain it too. Will ask to have the ingredients added to the product description.

Hank Alvarez

Reply with quote  #5 
P-Gell: I think considering the variations in people's body chemistry it just makes good sense to wash and rinse anything that's been disinfected and is going to go inside you. A mild soap can't hurt and a thorough rinse with "good water" may just insure that any remaining chemical residue is gone. What may not cause a problem for one person doesn't mean it won't harm someone else. After all, we're not talking about having to sterilize it for twenty minutes in boiling water. HankĀ 
P Gell

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabu Toypro

I thought everything "anti-bacterial" has triclosan in it - hospitals especially, no? And so do lots of soaps, cleansers, deodorants, toothpastes, skin cleansers and lotions.

Things like Purell and the stuff in those dispensers near the door of your doctor's office and all over good hospitals are usually alcohol based, with no triclosan.

Triclosan can wreak havoc on some people's skin (so can alcohol) and cause chapping, and peeling etc, while other people have no problem using it. I've been exposed to it so much, I've developed a sensitivity (to Triclosan, and alcohol, and Benadine, and latex.....the perils of Health Work. I have to use Nitrile gloves and hold my breathe when I have to pack a wound, because the wound tape is impregnated with iodine, and I get dizzy and nearly pass out. I have become quite adroit at "under 1 minute wound packing."

The alcohol based ones also can't cause bacterial resistance for some reason, so it's used because so many HCPs "forget" to wash their hands after every patient. Iatrogenic (Hospital or HCP caused) infections can be reduced dramatically when the jelled alcohol dispensers are placed all over the place.

We have to remember to have a GOOD hand moisturizer in our lockers, or our pockets, though, as it is hard on the skin when used 1000 times a day.

Reply with quote  #7 
Hank most of our toys are either batter operated or AC, I can't imagine boiling them. LOL! But, I do know of people who boil their non powered toys. Not a bad idea, if the instructions in the toy said it fine.

Reply with quote  #8 
I've also heard about putting them through the dish washer. Ours has a sterilization feature but I'd be afraid of melting it. Hank
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.