Adult Sex Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics Chat

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Tabu Toypro

Reply with quote  #1 
If you're really conscious about the impacts of our garbage on the planet, you're probably already buying rechargeable toys. Or maybe you're using rechargeable batteries. But how many of us are still buying bulk packages of batteries only to burn through them like matches, then carelessly tossing them into the garbage?

These days, alkaline batteries have way less mercury in them and usually can be thrown out, but you should still check with your local hazardous waste agency. Once your rechargeable batteries have finally tapped out, those should definitely be considered hazardous waste. Same goes for button cell batteries.

But why hassle with them for your sex toys anyway? Sex toy manufacturers are thinking greener than ever and we finally have a choice. Go green this year. Experiment with at least one rechargeable toy to see how convenient it is.

Try a WE vibe for solo (discreet toy you can wear in public) or couples play (it can be worn during intercourse, thanks to the flat head).

Take a look at everything LELO makes. The Gigi and the Iris are two customer favorites. Not to forget the BO and the BOB for men!  

Fun Factory also has their share of rechargees, and we love our Fun Factory toys. (although not all of theirs are rechargeable) I think the Delight is a super smart design - it can be grinded on while giving you sweet internal pleasure and it has perfectly placed controls. They've been selling the Sinnflutt for years, and Benjamin Bond is just too cute for words.

If you don't mind an ac cord hanging off of your toy, get yourself some real power with the classic Hitachi Magic Wand. Power levels are "OMG" and OH-MY-MF-G!"

Then there's the knock-off but not to be mistaken as inferior Miracle Massager. The tagline says it all...Happiness is 120 volts.

And we've even got a rotating Tongue you can plug in (with optional cord) that is made out of Trueskin. This linguistic lover will lavish you with licking til you pull the plug. (Joan Price says "No way!")

Remember, 10 years ago we only had crappy, stinky jelly toys and vulgar packaging. Now we can choose to put safer materials in and on our bodies, with no loss of pleasure. In fact, I think toy designs are more clever than ever and I'm sure you can find something that'll push your buttons. http://www.tabutoys.com/

mistress_kay

Reply with quote  #2 
I love some of the rechargable toys, but I've been using disposal batteries. I want to switch to rechargable batteries. Any recommendations?
Tabu Toypro

Reply with quote  #3 
I use Duracell's green and black batteries. (do they have a name?) They come with a 4 slot recharger and they last longer than disposables - even in my camera! I got this kit about 3 years ago at an Office-Something store (seen 'em at a few) and they are still going strong. The kit was $20 which seemed high but 3 years? Sold!
Hank Alvarez

Reply with quote  #4 
Pro:
I knew an electronics tech who converted all his girl friend's toys to house voltage via a small plug in transformer back in the eighties. He gave her a nice long cord and she didn't have to mess with batteries or the hazardous waste issue. Of course we weren't even thinking about that then but why haven't manufacturers given us a choice? She liked them better without the weight of the batteries and you're not going to get electrocuted on three to six volts DC. I really thought he had a good idea then since a couple of our most expensive toys have been ruined by leaking batteries. I'm surprised that someone like Doc Johnson hasn't picked up on the idea. What do you think? Hank
Tabu Toypro

Reply with quote  #5 
I wish more companies would pick up on it - and it seems they are starting to. S-L-O-W-L-Y.

It's very easy to let batteries sit in a forgotten toy and then they leak and boom - you've got a mess on your hands. Of course, my toys are never forgotten, but some don't get used as often as others. I used to practice the habit of removing the batteries after use, too.

Love the conversion idea. Be nice to have some solar charging options. I could just see my staging platform with an array of sex toys, basking in the backyard sun!

P Gell

Reply with quote  #6 
I will have to look again, but all the rechargeable toys I have seen have the toy stand up, like a telephone when it's being charged. I have NO idea where we would put that. We have kids. We have a "the door to our room is open, as long as it's physically OPEN, otherwise KNOCK! Then WAIT. Then go away! If you are sick let us know. Otherwise, if the door is closed. Please try back later. If you need money, we don't have any. So don't bother."

There isn't a way we could put a toy to charge on our dresser or my nightstand. Even a Lelo (the one which lies on it's side) would be conspicuous.

My Wahl plug in is in a large make up bag, with the cord sticking out of the corner of the bag, zipped,  plugged in behind the bed. The makeup bag is under my nightstand on my longbox of vintage graphic novel (OK comic books, I'm a nerd!) ready to go.

I have actually used the Wahl up against a battery toy, with the battery toy turned off, to save on batteries. That and the Hitachi WILL vibrate an other toy, if they touch. Two for one! And, you are plugged in and not using batteries.

Our battery operated toys  (and other stuff) are in Sugar Sacs in drawers and the closet.

We do use rechargeable bats, but my fav battery toy, (Fun Factory) takes triple A batteries and I can't find those in my area rechargeable, Only double As. I have also found the rechargeable batteries don't give up as much power as the strong regular Durcels. My Man gave me a detailed explanation why, but I only pretended to listen after "the reason the rechargeables don't give as much power is that the power differential......." ZZZZ

*sigh*

We recycle our regular batteries through my youngest kid's school or the library. They must think we're running the entire house on battery power! LOL!

Now, my damn little bullet takes an "N" battery. Where the hell am I supposed to get an "N" battery?

Reply with quote  #7 
If I'm not mistaken, N-type batteries are watch batteries...so take your bullet to your favorite jewelry counter...hold it out...and tell em you need a recharge!

Or you could take the battery out yourself and tell em you want one like that...

Tabu Toypro

Reply with quote  #8 
P Gell - I hear you on the chargers. I like the Fun Factory Delight because it's in a closed case and pretty discreet. However, if your kids have a habit of looking for cash and other goodies, they may not be able to resist looking in the pretty box I cover a charging toy in a scarf or something similar, but I don't have a little one anymore. I think he's old enough to know not to go peeking around my chargers. You know, I can always claim it's for work

Adriana

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie

If I'm not mistaken, N-type batteries are watch batteries...so take your bullet to your favorite jewelry counter...hold it out...and tell em you need a recharge!

Or you could take the battery out yourself and tell em you want one like that...

N batteries are like AAs but squatter. They are easily available at any office store or wal-mart and as I used to stock batteries in wal-mart, I can tell you that ANY watch battery is available there. With that said, toys that use watch batteries suck, no exceptions. LOL

I have been adding more rechargeable  and electric toys to my collection lately. I got a great one from Fun Factory. No kids here so I can keep toys on my nightstand which is great, unless they collect lint and the cats brush past them. Eww. But I keep running into problems with rechargeable toys; I think it could simply be that they are more complex but if something happens to an internal battery, it's not so easy to replace as some energizers.

I know actual rechargeable don't always fit into all toys, too. So that sucks
Tabu Toypro

Reply with quote  #10 
I had a few experiences where my rechargeable AAs actually burnt up my toy! Also had customers with the same issue a couple of years back. It was those battery compartments on bullet vibes with a cord. Now, those are some cheap little compartments, but here I was thinking rechargeables were too powerful for toys.

Adriana, some of the micro mini bullets are fine with those little watch batteries. Also, the Fukuoku Finger vibe zings! For some reason, I've found their charge to last quite a while.

Now those N-type batteries...ugh. Shoot me now.

Adriana

Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabu Toypro

Adriana, some of the micro mini bullets are fine with those little watch batteries. Also, the Fukuoku Finger vibe zings! For some reason, I've found their charge to last quite a while.

Now those N-type batteries...ugh. Shoot me now.

Micro bullets just don't cut it for me. But I am not a big bullet fan in general. I will say that Rock's Off bullet powered by the N battery is surprisingly powerful but not my ideal vibe.
P Gell

Reply with quote  #12 
Yeah, the bullet (I have an "80 MM Bullet" which is surprisingly strong) is not the best toy I own. I only use it when I really need something quiet, and I'm alone. (The Man's hands are so big, I imagine he wouldn't be able to work it, or he'd....lose it........somewhere.....ug.......plus I like one toy that's just for me) I haven't have great luck with it for finishing up (once, but it kinda surprised me) but it's OK for warm up. The one I have is quiet, too, which is why I bought it.

Pro, my guess is My Man would be able to tell me why the batteries burnt up your toy. (He's actually a "Power source" expert, if you can believe it.) Something with the way the current is either used or dispersed, I think, Rechargeables are different than regular batteries. I am pretty sure they are not stronger, though. THey just use energy differently. I'll have to ask him.

I have thus looked at a drug store and Target for the N battery and can't find it, but I think I saw it at Walgreens and didn't buy it because I didn't need it at the moment. (Sheesh, the way I think. "Oh, I don't need it now....."  Yeah, it looks like an AA, but shorter, I THOUGHT it was an AA, then I popped it out of the bullet and said, "SHIT! WTF is that?"

As for that pretty Fun Factory Rechargable, cute, but not at this time. It would have to be OUT, (can't put it in a drawer to charge, I guess) and we have a little girl, who is allowed to watch her DVDs in our room, when we are watching the news or something downstairs (we only have 2 TVs) and I can't imagine the box wouldn't attract her little girl attention. "OOOO pretty!" *shudder* She knows that it's rude to go into people's drawers or closets without permission, but sitting on the dresser or headboard. Maybe when she's older. Of course, when they are older, they get really NOSEY. I have several "slave bracelets"  and wear them quite a bit. My oldest (in her early 20s) a few weeks ago, looked at it, and said, "I don't imagine you know what that means?" Sheesh........LOL! I just laughed. Mind your own business, child.

Enough free association posts for one day....

Reply with quote  #13 
The best AA batteries are the Duracells. Next are the Energizers.  Alkaline cells have a new voltage of 1.5 where a rechargeable is about 1.25V so you get more "goo" with alkalines.
P Gell

Reply with quote  #14 
I ONLY buy Duracels. The new ones, the ones with the white stripe on them (I can't remember the name) they DO have more power and last longer. But, I would like to find better rechargeable bats, too. The problem with anything that is rechargeable, from a hand vac, to a telephone to a hand mixer to a sex toy is that eventually the battery will wear out and not take a charge.

Someone mentioned solar powered self charging toys. Now, that would be interesting....

Reply with quote  #15 
i am using a flashlight masturbator  ...are they safe for me..it has a comfortable grip and is very soft and ultrarealistic
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.