Adult Sex Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics Chat

Author   Comment  
Tabu Toypro

Reply with quote  #1 
UK's Health Protection Agency says some strains of the STD Gonorrhea are becoming more and more drug-resistant. Usually treated with a shot of penicillin, the disease has evolved. The next safe bet in combating this STD is to use a class of antibiotics called cephalosporins but now some strains are even resistant to that.

"Gonorrhea is the second most commonly reported infectious disease in the United States. In 2008, there were 336,742 official cases."

To make matters worse, not everyone who has it knows it. You can carry the disease with no obvious symptoms. Teenaged girls between the ages of 15 - 19 are the most widely reported cases but it can be passed from mother to child during birth. Pharyngeal gonorrhea can occur as a result of oral sex.

It is becoming more and more imperative that we promote the use of condoms to our audience. This includes oral sex, I'm afraid to say. Please spread the word, not the disease!

source: msnbc.com

Hank Alvarez

Reply with quote  #2 
The best reason for wearing a condom. Maybe I can add a historical perspective to this. When I was young the worst things going around were syphilis and gonorrhea. Today you kids have diseases that keep on giving and can kill you. After world war two nobody worried about syph or the clap because a little jab in the ass with the miracle drug penicillin would clear it up. Later the diseases grew resistant to penicillin, I was told that mostly thanks to the French. After world war two they allegedly bought all the penicillin we could produce and they cut it with milk to make it go farther and make more money.

In early sixties, in the orient, we had what the  corpsmen called, "nonspecific eutheritis." I'm sorry I'm not sure about the spelling and it's not in the spell check. It covered a whole range of about two thousand sexually transmitted infections. To my knowledge this lasted through the seventies. They had the same general symptoms as Gonorrhea and penicillin was still the drug of choice but by then it no longer worked.

In the early sixties one strain evolved called 'black syphilis.' It was one hell of a misnomer because the symptoms were nothing like syphilis. There was no canker or blister/sore involved. About three to four days after a bareback ride on one of the local whores if you didn't come down with crabs you'd usually have a painful runny dick while your balls started rotting off. Some guys hurt so bad they'd literally tear the urinal off the wall while they were trying to pee.

When you arrived at a lot of Asian duty stations for processing in the early days of the Vietnam War the padre would counsel you to be faithful to your wives and sweethearts and practically put you to sleep after the long plane ride. The doctor had a different approach and he really got your attention when it was his turn. He said if you got some of the stuff they had there you couldn't go home. You'd die in a hospital on an island in the Phillippines and the last time you saw your loved ones would be through a thick plate glass window.

Some of us foolishly thought it was BS. Years later my family and I were waiting for my parents to get ready to go out and I opened a volume of the  Encyclopedia Americana and it fell open to the page describing that same island and hospital. I couldn't remember the name now to save my life but it described that island as a place taken over by the US Army Medical Corps after world war two to study tropical diseases. So maybe they weren't BS'ing us? It sound like it's finally came home to roost. HHH 
P Gell

Reply with quote  #3 
I never learned about anything called "Black Gonorrhea" in Nursing School. Nonspecific Urethritis is actually almost always NON-bacterial and non-viral and non-infectious. It's an irritation of the Urethra and can occur in men and women, and is not usually sexually transmitted.

I have no idea what disease they were talking about, but many viruses and bacteria which are not specifically STD CAN be spread by sexual contact, through either bodily fluids or just vapor droplets from breathing in the same room as someone else.

I've never heard of an STD where "your balls rot off" In the 60s, believe it or not, Leprosy was still common in SE Asia, so it could be that. But, Leprosy is the LEAST Infectious, infectious disease. (Meaning it IS infections, but requires either a lot of exposures, a weak immune system the right environment (usually dirty areas without much air flow) etc.  ONE contact with a prostitute who had asymptomatic Leprosy would be highly unlikely to get you infected.

Reply with quote  #4 
Yummy! Who just had breakfast? Seriously though, this is great info since we still have a big battle ahead with kids having sex at a younger age and zero sex education.

I have to say the "no visible symptoms" part is the worst. You'd be stupid to have oral sex (or any other kind) if your partner has visible sores. The only way to truly know is to get tested. Broken record time, but it is so, so very important.

On a side note, I'm allergic to penicillin. Yay for me. Let's hope the good ole chemists find something bigger and better to keep gonorrhea at bay. Sounds like they haven't yet, from the article. Again, perfect time to talk to your kids. I spoke with my son last night just as another "checking in" kind of thing. It's amazing how mature kids are about sex when you approach it in a "hey did you know..." kind of way. I know we've talked about how you don't want to be your kid's friend, per se, but the sex talk should kind of be like a friend talking to a friend. Less threatening and they may actually listen.

P Gell

Reply with quote  #5 
I agree, the sex talks should be very friendly and you need to let the kid know you are open to ANY and ALL questions they have.  Even if one isn't "freinds" with kids, they can still KNOW they can trust you and depend on you with anything. My kids have come to me with everything from wanting to tell me they made love for the first time to a scared teen whose bf's rubber broke (we went to the store and got some Plan B STAT!) to just wanting to know things "for future reference." It's open at our house.

I got my youngest one a copy of several sex books written for children and she's the one avoiding the subject. *sigh* I'll have to corral her, as she is grounded from the computer for a week (for unrelated issue.)

Pro, IF you were to get The Clap, they could still use Cephalosporins with you.  can you take Cephalexin, Keflex, Rocefin etc?  My Man and one of my kids is allergic to penicillin, and although none have had a Dose, they have had things which Penicillin is preference (Strep, certain types of other infections) and cephalosporins were used with great success.

Reply with quote  #6 
Right I did read that Cephalosporins are pretty much the next option. They diagnosed my allergy as a kid (did NOT want to know how they found out) but I am glad there are alternatives. Good to know.
Hank Alvarez

Reply with quote  #7 
P- Gell: this is where things really get messed up when we don't use scientific terminology. They didn't call it "black gonorrhea," which I think would have been more appropriate than "black syphilis." But why call it black anything? That may well have been an indication of the racism that was prevalent at the time, especially in the military. The infection, as I understood it from the navy corpsmen who cared for us, "Found a home in the warm damp urinary tract and testicles and since it was essentially immune to penicillin eventually it became fatal. I don't know what the percentage of victims was compared to the other STD's that were known at the time but that was the big boogie man that was supposed to make us keep our zippers up and our powder dry. It didn't work very well as there was usually a long line of mean lean green marines who had drippy dicks on Monday. You also have to consider that this was overseas. Conditions were safer here at home. You also have to understand that this was in the early sixties  and I would usually say that things probably got better, but since then they've discovered other little beasties we'd never heard of then , such as: genital herpes, HIV/Aids, etc.Twenty years later I simply warned my sons to be careful because now a days you probably have diseases that would make their dicks fall off. HHH
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.