Adult Sex Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics Chat

Author   Comment  
Tabu Toypro

Reply with quote  #1 
A private Catholic school in Boulder, Colorado (Sacred Heart of Jesus) has expelled 2 students because their parents are a lesbian couple.

Says the Archdiocese: "Parents living in open discord with Catholic teaching in areas of faith and morals unfortunately choose by their actions to disqualify their children from enrollment."

Progressive catholic groups took out a full page ad in the Boulder Daily Camera in support of the family.

The parents, who have a long history of ties to Catholicism, wrote a lovely letter which can be read at Towleroad as well as a thorough detailing of the school's actions and staff reactions.

Adriana

Reply with quote  #2 
What a sad story. The comments make me so sad, too. I am not religious but the way people suggest that this family should simply give up their faith seems so misguided. Find me one person who agrees 100% with his church. Besides that, I would not expect to suddenly be rejected by my church after having my children schooled there for years. Who would? I see no need to bash those women.
Tabu Toypro

Reply with quote  #3 
Really, this is pretty outrageous. I understand that private schools can do what they want, but how is the sexual orientation of a student's parents at all related to the education of the child?
P Gell

Reply with quote  #4 
Their actions are also selective. Do they expel students who have families with less than 9 kids, (means the parents probably use birth control,) do they expel students whose parents are divorced, even in Domestic Violence situations (Some Churches say NO divorce, no matter what) Do they expel RICH students? In the Bible, Jesus showed great disdain for the Rich. Said they most likely would not get into Heaven.

WHY are some of these people SO judgmental and selective about what their judge?

Reply with quote  #5 
Stories like that make it hard for me to admit that I was a Roman Catholic. The church obviously already lost the parents through their discrimination so now they're 'throwing out the babies with the bath water.' I would think that if the church was in the business of saving souls they would be concerned for the souls of the children. I think I'm starting to feel about religion like Bill Mahr. HHH
Tabu Toypro

Reply with quote  #6 
Love me some Bill Maher!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.