Adult Sex Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics Chat

Author   Comment  
Tabu Toypro

Reply with quote  #1 
We get asked quite a bit if one can becone desensitized, addicted to or burntout by repeated vibrator use. We've always said absolutely not because let's face it - a few of us here have been in the biz for at least a decade and you can bet we've tried lots and lots of vibrators.

It is easy to rely on Old Blue because many, many women can't get off on intercourse alone. But we'll agree that it could become a problem if you're preferring a session under the sheets with your battery-operated-friend instead of your flesh-and-blood-friend. But that problem is more about communicating and learning how to bring the toy into the relationship - not actually burning out your vagina. If you feel like you're over it and the toy just isn't cutting it anymore, try changing the batteries like this article at ANB novelty suggests.

They also talk about using your vibrator in different ways. We all know that the same sex positions, over time, do get boring and one could lose interest. Same thing with your toys. If you use it the same way every time, you might be missing out on different ways you can stimulate yourself. Which could lead to an overall stagnant experience. Check out the article for more tips.

jozef88

Reply with quote  #2 
great.. i agree with you about everything....
SilverRabbit

Reply with quote  #3 
too many people rely on vibrators once they become used to them. Its time to try something new when you notice that every time your having a sexual encounter you reach for your vibrator.

I get off on role play and bondage. Getting tied up with a bed restraint is one of the best experiences ever.

Take the time to get used to new things, people will be surprised!

I dont think you could "burn your vagina out", its a pretty robust bit of kit!
P Gell

Reply with quote  #4 
There is some evidence that although you won't "burn your vagina out" the dendrites and nerves that supply the clitoris can become used to intense stimulation and for a while not respond to anything but that. (I don't know where the article is. I did read it.)  I know I have had to take "Wahl Vacations" due to nearly becoming numb. The sensation comes back in just a few days, but I know it can happen to some.

Something very strong like a Hitachi or a Wahl might cause this, or similarly to how some younger women can only get off in ways similarly to the way they learned to masturbate, you could get used to the "buzz" of your vibe and not become aroused enough without it.

My dh and I do make a point of having "flesh only" sex at least every 3 times or so (we don't talk about it, it just happens, but we did agree to do this, (my idea)  he bought me our first toy.

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.