Adult Sex Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics Chat

Author   Comment  
Tabu Toypro

Reply with quote  #1 
Ugh. Waterproof. That word is my enemy today. We do carry actual waterproof toys that have a working seal and have been submerged and tested and nothing leaked or seeped. They are usually made with a little more care and consideration. You can usually tell if it's going to keep water out by looking at the battery compartment and it's construction.

Then you get the other manufacturers that stamp "waterproof" on everything they can add a black rubber ring to. We're not talking cheap toys either. The Couture Collection is not, in my opinion, designed to be submerged in water yet there it is: waterproof. Right on the box. I always advise not to submerge anything with batteries in the water. But how can I do that when people order online and don't have my warning message in their ear?

You read the descriptions and there it is, right on the package: waterproof. Since we have to stand by these manufacturers, we can end up with the short end of the stick when people take these toys into the tub. We also have angry customers who will blame us, not CalExotics (just an example). I think I shall write them a letter and ask how these are tested. I'll get back to you when I have more info but for now, just a word of caution.

And a question - do any of you really use toys underwater? What kinds of issues have you had?

Adriana

Reply with quote  #2 
I have never used toys underwater. I doubt I ever would. I have used some in the shower; although, a toy only needs to be splashproof to survive the shower.

I agree about the Couture Collection as the first one I got couldn't even stop water from washing from getting into the battery pack.
Tabu Toypro

Reply with quote  #3 
I certainly don't care for misleading advertising.

Adriana, are you a CalEx Sexpert? Do you have direct contact with someone there who could answer why they continue to print "proof" instead of "resistant"?

P Gell

Reply with quote  #4 
I've never used a toy underwater or even IN the tub or shower. My Man works with electronics and has fears of battery problems, burns, shorts and other stuff.

I wash my toys which are called "water proof" or "splash proof" with the bats in, but that is all I do with them in water. I find the wear and tear on the battery compartment, opening and taking out the batteries every time you wash it is worse than just washing these toys closed.

Reply with quote  #5 
I seriously don't get it. I think people feel like they have to put them underwater just because the package says so. Maybe I just don't think water and sex/sex toy play are compatible. 
Adriana

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabu Toypro

I certainly don't care for misleading advertising.

Adriana, are you a CalEx Sexpert? Do you have direct contact with someone there who could answer why they continue to print "proof" instead of "resistant"?

I am a Sexpert but we don't really have contact with anyone in the company LOL
hartwell1066

Reply with quote  #7 
waterproof toys are the best until use it carefully because these are delicate and can be broken when putting into the water.
tcsindustryo
Reply with quote  #8 
Thyroid hormone drugs are natural or synthetic preparations containing tetraiodothyronine (T4, levothyroxine) sodium or triiodothyronine (T3, liothyronine) sodium or both. T4 and T3 are produced in the human thyroid gland by the iodination and coupling of the amino acid tyrosine. T4 contains four iodine atoms and is formed by the coupling of two molecules of diiodotyrosine (DIT). T3 contains three atoms of iodine and is formed by the coupling of one molecule of DIT with one molecule of monoiodotyrosine (MIT).

Both hormones are stored in the thyroid colloid as thyroglobulin.

Thyroid hormone preparations belong to two categories: (1) natural hormonal preparations derived from animal thyroid, and (2) synthetic preparations. Natural preparations include desiccated thyroid and thyroglobulin. Desiccated thyroid is derived from domesticated animals that are used for food by man (either beef or hog thyroid), and thyroglobulin is derived from thyroid glands of the hog. The United States Pharmacopeia (USP) has standardized the total iodine content of natural preparations. Thyroid USP contains not less than (NLT) 0.17 percent and not more than (NMT) 0.23 percent iodine, and thyroglobulin contains not less than (NLT) 0.7 percent of organically bound iodine. Iodine content is only an indirect indicator of true hormonal biologic activity. Cytomel (liothyronine sodium) (liothyronine sodium) Tablets contain liothyronine (L-triiodothyronine or LT3), a synthetic form of a natural thyroid hormone, and is available as the sodium salt.
From TCS INDUSTRY LTD
tcsindustryo
Reply with quote  #9 
Thyroid hormone drugs are natural or synthetic preparations containing tetraiodothyronine (T4, levothyroxine) sodium or triiodothyronine (T3, liothyronine) sodium or both. T4 and T3 are produced in the human thyroid gland by the iodination and coupling of the amino acid tyrosine. T4 contains four iodine atoms and is formed by the coupling of two molecules of diiodotyrosine (DIT). T3 contains three atoms of iodine and is formed by the coupling of one molecule of DIT with one molecule of monoiodotyrosine (MIT).

Both hormones are stored in the thyroid colloid as thyroglobulin.

Thyroid hormone preparations belong to two categories: (1) natural hormonal preparations derived from animal thyroid, and (2) synthetic preparations. Natural preparations include desiccated thyroid and thyroglobulin. Desiccated thyroid is derived from domesticated animals that are used for food by man (either beef or hog thyroid), and thyroglobulin is derived from thyroid glands of the hog. The United States Pharmacopeia (USP) has standardized the total iodine content of natural preparations. Thyroid USP contains not less than (NLT) 0.17 percent and not more than (NMT) 0.23 percent iodine, and thyroglobulin contains not less than (NLT) 0.7 percent of organically bound iodine. Iodine content is only an indirect indicator of true hormonal biologic activity. Cytomel (liothyronine sodium) (liothyronine sodium) Tablets contain liothyronine (L-triiodothyronine or LT3), a synthetic form of a natural thyroid hormone, and is available as the sodium salt.
From TCS INDUSTRY LTD
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.