Tabu Toypro
Once again, the state of Alabama Supreme Court has upheld the ban on the public sale of sex toys.

The court voted 7 to 2 that the 1988 law prohibiting the sale of sex toys, does not violate the U.S. and Alabama constitutions.

The ruling stemmed from a request by a lawyer for "Love Stuff" in Bessemer.
(Sorry Love Stuff, but keep fighting the fight! Texas did and we turned it over!)

The court continued to recognize that people may have the right to use these devices in private, but the state has the right to regulate their public sale.

An exception to the 1988 state law allows sales of devices used for medical, scientific, educational and other purposes. ("Other" purposes - loophole!)

Love Stuff has remained open, but requires customers purchasing devices to sign a document saying the purchase complies with state law. (Oh I remember those days...)

Talk about a dry state! Maybe if we sent them a big box of lube and some butt plugs they could get someone to "take one up the ass for the team" to prove that sex toys are not spawned from the devil.

source: al.com
Shop safe at Tabutoys.com
Read our Sex Blog!
Quote 0 0
DominaDoll
Seriously ridiculous in this day and age.  Poor Alabama!  Politics should not have any say in the bedroom...
My Blog- PopMyCherryReview http://popmycherryreview.com
Quote 0 0
Tabu Toypro wrote:

Once again, the state of Alabama Supreme Court has upheld the ban on the public sale of sex toys.

The court voted 7 to 2 that the 1988 law prohibiting the sale of sex toys, does not violate the U.S. and Alabama constitutions.

The ruling stemmed from a request by a lawyer for "Love Stuff" in Bessemer.
(Sorry Love Stuff, but keep fighting the fight! Texas did and we turned it over!)

The court continued to recognize that people may have the right to use these devices in private, but the state has the right to regulate their public sale.

An exception to the 1988 state law allows sales of devices used for medical, scientific, educational and other purposes. ("Other" purposes - loophole!)

Love Stuff has remained open, but requires customers purchasing devices to sign a document saying the purchase complies with state law. (Oh I remember those days...)

Talk about a dry state! Maybe if we sent them a big box of lube and some butt plugs they could get someone to "take one up the ass for the team" to prove that sex toys are not spawned from the devil.

source: al.com

Well put, Madame Toy Pro. (Bow.)
Quote 0 0
Hank Alvarez
I heard somewhere that people get the government they deserve. I feel sorry for anyone who lives there and has to put up with that bullshit. Hank
Quote 0 0
Tabu Toypro
Oh, US Government...Stay out of my bedroom and my uterus!
Shop safe at Tabutoys.com
Read our Sex Blog!
Quote 0 0
P Gell
Tabu Toypro wrote:

Oh, US Government...Stay out of my bedroom and my uterus!

AMEN!

Is it illegal to ship toys to Alabammy? I mean, can they, say, buy online, or is it like trying to ship certain gardening send seeds to Hawaii, the law forbids even mail or internet sale.
I can be tolerant of almost anything....except Intolerance........and Dairy Products
Quote 0 0