Narud87
I recently decided to try out some anal play with toys for the first time, so I purchased some things. One of the items I got was the Spectra beaded anal vibrator and it was one of the first things I decided to try (it's a jelly toy). I didn't have a hard time inserting it to various degrees, but the whole experience was painful (and I was using plenty of lube). I thought maybe I may have hurt myself so I took a week off. Came back a week later and tried out a hard plastic toy and didn't have any trouble at all. I switched out for the jelly Spectra and the pain started again (a bit like burning) and it just didn't seem to matter how much I had in, the small tip or more. Could this been an allergy or maybe an irritant on the toy? What should I do now, throw it out?
Quote 0 0
Adriana
There's a couple of culprits which could be at work, here.

I wouldn't necessarily say you're allergic to jelly but it is porous and does have a tendency to cause irritation more than other materials (glass or silicone). If you're in love with the toy, maybe pop a condom over it or you could check out some of Tabu's other anal toys which might have elss of a chance of causing irritation. Here's a few:

http://www.tabutoys.com/product/Silicone_X_10_Beads
http://www.tabutoys.com/product/Silicone_Flexi_Power_Rod_Vibrator
http://www.tabutoys.com/product/Tantus_Silicone_Pi_Vibe

The second 2 vibrate.

As another thought, sometimes "Special" jellies like Crystallessence or maybe this Spectra Gel can be extra irritating as opposed to "Regular" jelly. I'm not familiar with Spectra gel but it's  just thought I'd throw it out there.

Another possible issue could simply be that it's soft. (Unless you've used other soft toys to prove me wrong). Sometimes, soft things simply have more friction and need to be coaxed more, can be harder to maneuver; hard toys can slide right in a lot easier, sometimes requiring much less lube than a softer jelly type toy because they're so frictionless.
Quote 0 0
Narud87
Thanks for the response Adriana. I don't have a hard time with insertion or maneuvering with the toy, even the slightest bit of it caused irritation. It just lead to a rather confusing experience considering it was my first time trying this kinda thing. The Spectra also had a heavy chemical odor on opening it (and it still does). I'll definitely check out some of the silicone toys available and maybe I'll even try wrapping it in a condom. Just wanted to see if anyone else experienced anything like this and to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious lol. Thanks again.
Quote 0 0
Hank Alvarez
You might want to try an "anal starter kit" that comes with a variety of graduated sizes along with the appropriate lube, as we did, and hopefully you'll have a pleasant experience. Something to think about. Hank
Quote 0 0
Adriana
Narud87 wrote:

Thanks for the response Adriana. I don't have a hard time with insertion or maneuvering with the toy, even the slightest bit of it caused irritation. It just lead to a rather confusing experience considering it was my first time trying this kinda thing. The Spectra also had a heavy chemical odor on opening it (and it still does). I'll definitely check out some of the silicone toys available and maybe I'll even try wrapping it in a condom. Just wanted to see if anyone else experienced anything like this and to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious lol. Thanks again.

The chemical smell is from the softeners used in the creation process. Your shower liner is made up of about 80% softeners, to put that in perspective. It's par the course when it comes to jelly. I've had jelly toys smell up my other toys, it was so bad.

Like I said, sometimes we don't even realize that softer toys are creating the issue but if a condom helps, then it's just from the material.
Quote 0 0
Tabu Toypro
Great reply, Adriana! We stand by everything she advised - case closed 
Shop safe at Tabutoys.com
Read our Sex Blog!
Quote 0 0
Adriana
Aw, thanks!
Quote 0 0