cphoney Show full post »
Take it really slow if you are using a glass toy without a flared base during anal. You don't want it to slip out of your hand and lose it! Happens all the time.

Definitely recommend the Eros silicone for hard toys. The only reason I ever use a water-based lube is if I'm forced to because I'm using a soft toy.
Quote 0 0
Hank Alvarez
I found that Pjur makes several products under the Eros name. I bought their EROS BODYGLIDE, 100cc/3.4 oz., and my wife loves it. It's the least messy product we've used and it doesn't leave you dry and lumpy half way through. Although we haven't tried it for anything other than vaginal lubrication and small  anal probes, she likes BODYGLIDE. Are you using something else under the Pjur/Eros name? I see now  they have a product they advertise specifically for anal use. Do you know what the difference is? A former lover before my wife liked Vaseline Petrolium Jelly but I remember that was very messy and hard to clean up. I'm pretty sure my wife will poo-poo that. Thanks for any guidance you can give me. Hank
Quote 0 0
Tabu Toypro
Hank Alvarez wrote:

Regarding glass dildos for anal and vaginal sex play, I just bought three. My wife and I have never used them before but we're looking forward to it. Can you give us some "how to" advice and any reasonable precautions to observe with the glass? In the past we always had the softer pliable ones. We bought the double headed glass dildo: 1 1/2" X 8", a one inch thick with a heart handle and a snake of paradise that has a lot of bends and nubs. I ordered the recommended lube and we have the Eros if we don't like the water based lube they recommended. We should have them in a couple of weeks and I'd like to know what I'm doing. Thanks, Hank

Hi Hank!

Whether the dildo is metal, glass, or acrylic, the benefits of hard dildos include durability (as long as you don’t drop them), safety (because they are not porous they are easy to keep clean), and look. They also provide a different kind of intense stimulation, because they don’t bend when inserted in the body, and as such they are good for g-spot stimulation or pressure stimulation at any internal point.

The drawback to dildos made of hard materials is that they don’t have any give, and some people find them too intense. Also, glass and acrylic toys may break when dropped on hard surfaces. As Annabanana advised, be careful with anal play and slippery toys with no flare at the base.

Another benefit is that they transmit heat and cold beautifully. If you want to chill the toy, we advise you to use the refrigerator and not the freezer or submerge the dildo in cold water. Be sure and warn your partner too! If heat is what you want, again, submerge in hot water. Don't boil or microwave the toy. Always inspect your toy for chips or cracks before each use.

The Pjur (Eros) Silicone lubricants such as Bodyglide and Backdoor Anal Glide are thicker than the water based versions. Also, reapplication is reduced when using Silicone based products. It feels very much like natural lubrication and is perfectly safe with hard toys.
Shop safe at Tabutoys.com
Read our Sex Blog!
Quote 0 0
Hank Alvarez
Anabanana, Kharma and anyone else who wants to chime in, please feel free:
I'm starting to get my wife's glass stocking stuffers through the  snail mail now. I'm guessing there's going to be a lot of happy squealing on Christmas morning when she opens her presents. She picked them out of the catalogs but we haven't talked about them since so I'm hoping they'll be a surprise. She's hard to surprise. She's a red head and I think they're all clairvoyant. Hell, a couple of hundred years ago they were burning them at the stake for having supernatural powers.
I got the EROS lubes, the Anal and the original Bodyglide, both silicone based, plus a water based lube that was recommended by another supplier for glass toys. I'm guessing she's going to have to experiment but I'll give her the benefit of your advice.
The Snake of Paradise looks interesting with all its bumps and turns and different sized heads, but again there's no operators manual enclosed. I'm guessing that could be used to multitask in either area. The Scorpion obviously looks like it was designed for the back door with its big base but it has some serious convolutions she may have to get use to. I understand the double ended one can go anywhere. The one with the heart handle is on back order until mid January so she'll get three out of the four on Christmas morning, or Christmas eve if she's a real good/bad girl, depending on how you look at it. I'm assuming from what you've all advised so far that it will be best for her to use these while I'm busy doing something else for her. If you have any last minute advice, I'm open. Thanks, Hank
Quote 0 0
Nice gifts! I've seen the snake of paradise. that should look very pretty sticking out of her stocking on Christmas morning.. But to be honest- I don't know how these really curved dildos help a woman at all in the anal department, I find them kind of uncomfortable but that's just me. Since your wife is more of a beginner you might want to stick to using this one on her g-spot only for starters. The scorpion should be great though!

ps..let us all know how the lubes compare..and merry christmas to you and your redhead!
Quote 0 0
Hank Alvarez
Thanks for the heads up and Merry Christmas to you also. Hank
Quote 0 0
Adriana
Well, in my experience, you can feel the texture on glass dildos a lot easier so you can probably play a little less rough. (With softer materials, I tend to thrust/fuck a lot harder and faster). Added texture may also mean you play in a different way. It really just depends on what you like. It's especially important with the anus to perhaps be a little more cautious at first and work your way up when it comes to intensity. You should really only use toys with a flared based when it comes to anal play, too.
Quote 0 0
Hank Alvarez
Ladies do you like you lover to "toss the salad" as one person put it. I love going down on my wife and it's no longer limited to her vagina so I'm asking: do you use an anal douche when you want ihis tongue down there? I'm amazed at how clean my wife is down there; there's no offensive odor or taste but I always worry about getting something a little extra if you know what I mean. Can you give us some advice about anal hygiene? What to use? All we have is an old "hot water bottle." How soon do you douche before the expected event? Any health and safety concerns? My wife is worried about disrupting any necessary functions down there.  I'm assuming we're only going to use water at near body temperature. Your comments please. Hank 
Quote 0 0
MarshaMarsha!
I think I'm even more paranoid about cleanliness than my husband is and he could go down on my ass every night of the week! I wont let him near me until I know I am totally clean. I think the best way is with a shower massager. I'm going to be really frank here..I just turn the water to very warm, almost hot, turn the nozzle head to the pulsate function and put the nozzle right up to my hole. A little bit of water will go up and I'll just jump out and go to the toilet to drain out. Rinse, Repeat. I get clean as a whistle and the warm water really kinda helps me relax! It's become my new pre-anal sex ritual.

Anyway, he's never come across anything yet and I want to keep it that way.
"Love is the answer, but while you're waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty interesting questions." Woody Allen
Quote 0 0
Tabu Toypro
Remember: The main function of the rectum is to act as a passageway for feces. Feces are not normally stored in the rectum except just prior to a bowel movement. However, small amounts may remain in the rectum, expecially if the feces are not well formed. Anal douching before lovemaking will help if you are especially concerned with cleanliness to relax. You might try using a dental dam as a barrier for mouth to anal play.
Shop safe at Tabutoys.com
Read our Sex Blog!
Quote 0 0