Roadie
Dreamer and I were wondering how many of you play board games of the sexual variety? We do...but have a small problem with them. For the most part, they involve LOTS of drinking...or the name is so far out in left field, we dont even bother to look at it farther.

The question we have is...who plays, what part is fun, what do you look for when, or if, you buy a game. We all know what the ultimate goal of these games is...but how do you want to get there?

I suppose the disclaimer to this should be...I have an idea in my pea brain about an adult board game...it involves no drinking, no weird stuff (unless you want to make it that way) and maybe a little bit of fun.

I would also be interested to know how big of a seller games are at the Tabu Toy Store. And, for our adult toys sex bloggers, where do board games fall in the list of things people use to enhance their sex lives and how they rate with other sex toys?

Thankx...Roadie & Dreamer
Lovin My Wife...Lovin Life

Quote 0 0
Adriana
I once played the game Dirty Minds. It was ridiculous and no fun at all so I would not recommend. I think a lot of adult board games are more novelty than anything else so you can expect to laugh but I wouldn't actually expect them to be sexy.
Quote 0 0
Roadie
Thank you Adriana...so what, in your opinion, would make it less of a novelty? And what would you look for to make it sexy?
Lovin My Wife...Lovin Life

Quote 0 0
Tabu Toypro
Hey Roadie -

I've worked in the adult biz for about 8 years total and I can honestly say that not once have I ever purchased, opened or looked twice at a board game. Adriana's right - a lot of them come off as silly, not sexy. They may involve drinking and/or "dare" type cards. You might as well buy some erotic dice and a bottle of wine!

Are you looking to play with other couple or just have fun between the two of you?

I can recommend this very cool book called 101 Nights of Grrreat Sex. The pages are sealed so you cannot peek ahead and you use it twice a week. There are separate pages for him and her and it gives you some pretty detailed instructions on how to prepare for the night. It may require a little expense here and there, but you can always ad lib with the materials or ingredients you'll need. This I have looked through and I thought it was pretty original.

Here's the link: http://www.tabutoys.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.asp?productid=1692

Hope this helps. I'll keep looking into some of the games we carry and get back to you after I've done a little, uh..."research"

Shop safe at Tabutoys.com
Read our Sex Blog!
Quote 0 0
Hank Alvarez
Don't panic kids. Haven't you ever played strip poker or tossed suggestive dice? I agree that there's not much out there to choose from but these are fun. One of the dice has instructions like: fondle, kiss, stroke, suck, massage and the other has body parts. The combinations are endless. My only problem with that is that it takes too long to get down to the nitty gritty. We've had them for about twenty years and all I can tell you is that I got them at a sex shop somewhere in Orange County, California.

Strip poker is a nice way to break the ice when there's nothing on TV. We have two decks. One is a regular poker deck where you anti an article of clothing to start and then peel as you lose, or win, whichever way you want to look at it. The second deck has pictures of various body parts and people engaging in sex acts. You can play regular poker with the suits or numbers or you can cut for high card and do what the picture shows. It's fun.

My wife will tell you that I cheat at cards but hell, that's half the fun. And she ought to know after twenty-four years that I'm a dirty old man.

There is also an adult game based on scrabble, sort of an adult version, but I haven't seen it in years. You can change the rules of the regular game to do the same thing and fit your needs. Let your horny imagination run wild with it and please tell us what you come up with. Hank
Quote 0 0
we used to play something called the nooky game that was alot of fun but we lost it in our last move. it came with a scarf and a timer.
Quote 0 0
human_fighter
man I've heard about that game and it looks amazing! just looked at the interactive demo and the sample cards made me hard just reading them!
Quote 0 0
Tabu Toypro
I found a site with some suggestions on bedroom games without purchasing anything:

Guess the Spot
Game plan: Mentally pick a spot on your body (nothing is off limits) and get your partner to guess using your “hotter” and “colder” cues. Use your finger to navigate or get creative with a feather tickler.

Would You Rather?
Game plan: Not to be confused with the popular board game, in the bedroom version all you need is your imagination. Pose “Would you rather?” questions to your partner and let them choose which action to perform.

Bedroom Bingo
Game plan: Both of you write down 10 to 15 fantasies, positions and/or actions on slips of paper (for example, nurse/doctor fantasy, reverse cowgirl, deep tongue kissing). Then put them in a hat and act out the one you pick.

Crazy Kisses
Game plan: Remember Crazy Eights? In a nutshell, after dealing seven cards each, the remaining cards are placed face down (this is the draw pile) and the top card is flipped up and placed beside. Each player must then play either a suit card (spade on spade) or a rank card (ace on ace). If you can’t play, you must draw until you can. All eights are wild and can be played on any card. The first person to get rid of all their cards wins. But to add spice to the game, every time your opponent plays an eight, you have to kiss them in eight different places.

the rest of the tips for each of these games is on 2magazine.com
Shop safe at Tabutoys.com
Read our Sex Blog!
Quote 0 0