hi...me and my bf attempted 2 have sex 4 the 1st time bout 2 wks ago, and im on the shot, and i was wonderin, wat r my chances of gettin pregnant?? and how will i be able 2 tell...is there neway 2 by not takin the test? what R the simptoms?
Quote 0 0
Tabu Toypro
Assuming you are talking about Depo Provera? Depo Provera is 97-99.7% effective as birth control. It is actually a hormone injection that lasts for 3 months. Depo Provera stops the ovaries from releasing eggs and causes the cervical mucus to thicken and changes the uterine lining, making it harder for sperm to enter or survive in the uterus. These changes prevent fertilization.

The first shot of Depo Provera is usually given during or a few days after the start of a menstrual period. After 24 hours, the shot is effective birth control for the next 13 weeks.

If you are more than a week late for your shot, use a backup method of birth control for the next two weeks. If you are more than a week late and you have had unprotected sex since your last shot, consider taking a pregnancy test before receiving the next dose.

DO NOT try to rely on symptoms to determine if you are pregnant. You can buy a home pregnancy test at any grocery store for less than $15 and test yourself in the privacy of your home.
Shop safe at Tabutoys.com
Read our Sex Blog!
Quote 0 0
Adriana
I agree that symptoms are not very reliable. Half the symptoms of pregnancy are the same as BC and the other half are symptoms of life. LOL
Quote 0 0