I here a lot of people talk about getting phsical withsomeone before really getting to know them. They say that this dooms any possible future meaningfull relationship. Do you feel this way? Why?

Have you ever gotten phsical with someone and then ended up with a meaningfull relationship or even possibly married that person????????????? :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
Quote 0 0
Evereddie
I once met a woman the old fashioned way-on the internet.   She shared many of my same "strange passions" and after chatting each other up for a week I just had to meet her. Someone this perfect could not exist in real life and it had to be some kind of hoax. So, we decided to meet at a local bookstore-nice neutral ground-unlike a bar where we'd feel pressured. Sitting in the parking lot I almost backed out thinking the situation ridiculous. You can imagine my surprise when the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen came and tapped on my window. See, I had told her I drove a classic car and she recognised it from my description. We never made it to the bookstore. After perhaps 5 minutes of knowing each other in person we were getting to know each other biblically in the middle of a Barnes and Noble parking lot! Call it what you will: sleazy, promiscuous..We've now been married going on 6 years.
Quote 0 0
Rosy Glow
evereddie - I'll call that hottttttt!

But in most cases, it probably is what it is. Any of my long term relationships have started out sex free. But oh when it got going, it got going! I like the intensity it builds up with the waiting.
Quote 0 0
Adriana
Evereddie wrote:

I once met a woman the old fashioned way-on the internet.   She shared many of my same "strange passions" and after chatting each other up for a week I just had to meet her. Someone this perfect could not exist in real life and it had to be some kind of hoax. So, we decided to meet at a local bookstore-nice neutral ground-unlike a bar where we'd feel pressured. Sitting in the parking lot I almost backed out thinking the situation ridiculous. You can imagine my surprise when the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen came and tapped on my window. See, I had told her I drove a classic car and she recognised it from my description. We never made it to the bookstore. After perhaps 5 minutes of knowing each other in person we were getting to know each other biblically in the middle of a Barnes and Noble parking lot! Call it what you will: sleazy, promiscuous..We've now been married going on 6 years.

Great story. It just goes to show that a strong attraction and physical intimacy may be good for a relationship. But it really depends on the relationship in particular.
Quote 0 0
Hank Alvarez
You do try on your shoes before you buy them, don't you? Hank
Quote 0 0