naughtyeliot
I posted this today on my blog Thoughts on Naughtiness & Kink:

We all love our sex toys, don't we? And we want to keep them as clean and in tip-top shape as possible, yeah? Well, so does Tabutoys.com, which is why they carry 4oz. bottles Erotic Toy Cleaner. They sent a bottle my way to try out and to let you know just how well it does (or doesn't) work.

There's a subtle smell to the cleaning liquid, but it's not unpleasant. I didn't notice any lingering smell on the toys I used this on, either. They retained their individual fragrances, for better or worse.

So, how does this particular cleaner work? It's simple, really--just spray your toys with the liquid, let them stand for several minutes, and then wipe them off with a dry cloth. Since the bottle says it will work on all personal products, I sprayed my glass wand dildo which is made of borosilicate glass; my Luv Touch Flexa Pleaser which has some sort of smooth coating on it; my vinyl Sweet Chocolate vibe, my ejaculating rabbit vibe whose covering is some gel-like substance.

The cleaner wiped off easily, and my toys seem none the worse for having endured the cleaning. The tag lines on either side of the bottle state:

"Keep Your Toys Sparkling Clean"
"They'll Be Ready When You Are"

While none of the toys I cleaned sparkled afterward, they did seem a bit shinier.

As for your toys being ready for play directly after being cleaned with the liquid, I have not tried that yet. I think of the Erotic Toy Cleaner as something you would use after several uses, just for general and long-term upkeep and sanitization. Personally, I wouldn't use this stuff as a substitute for other cleaning methods, and I don't think it's meant to be. I think I will still use the antibacterial soap and hot water method before playing with my toys, but you may choose to skip that step; after all, the cleaner is meant for that purpose. Skin sensitivities are always a concern, so do a simple test before going full-on with cleaning.

I plan on keeping this cleaner around and using it on the toys I use frequently, either once a week or every two weeks depending on just how often I use them. I'll probably spray my other toys once a month or so, again depending on how often I use them.
Quote 0 0
Hank Alvarez
I realize that this is a review of a product but has anyone ever used a dishwasher to clean your sex toys? I've been tempted ever since I saw a gal who teaches  sex seminars do it with her dildos on a segment of REAL SEX on HBO. We have a new dishwasher with a "sterilization" and a drying mode and I wondered if that would even be better? Has anyone ever done this?

Isn't it interesting that we can live so long and know so little?
Hank
Quote 0 0
Tabu Toypro
Certain toys, like Tantus can handle the heat of a dishwasher. Their company actually recommends this as the best cleaning method. After, of course, removing the vibrating bullet.

Glass toys can also be placed in the top rack of your dishwasher.

Wouldn't it be the day when we see options like normal-light wash-china crystal-sex toys on the front of a dishwasher!
Shop safe at Tabutoys.com
Read our Sex Blog!
Quote 0 0
Adriana
Hank Alvarez wrote:

I realize that this is a review of a product but has anyone ever used a dishwasher to clean your sex toys? I've been tempted ever since I saw a gal who teaches  sex seminars do it with her dildos on a segment of REAL SEX on HBO. We have a new dishwasher with a "sterilization" and a drying mode and I wondered if that would even be better? Has anyone ever done this?

Isn't it interesting that we can live so long and know so little?
Hank

I have seen pictures of the dish rack loaded with toys. Heh
Quote 0 0