I've just gotten out of a 4 year relationship with a man and am finally coming to grips with the fact that I am very sexually attracted to women. The only problem is I have no idea how to go about meeting women or letting them know I'm interested!  I am very feminine and don't really look the "type" and a little on the shy side so its making things fairly difficult to impossible. I'll see an attractive woman...and...nothing. Its hard enough for me to just strike up a conversation much less announce that I like women to a total stranger. (You'd think that at 34 I wouldn't feel like a panicked adolescent but I absolutely do.) Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Quote 0 0
A girl is a girl so compliment her on her hair or glasses and try to find a lesbian friend who will be your wing woman.
Quote 0 0
It really depends on the type of lesbian one is picking up, ma'am.

I quote this from Mojopo (who happens to be fucking hilarious.)

"If I'm going to pick up a bookish lesbian, I'm going to quote Rilke, cry and hold her breasts in my palms.

If it's a club-going, party girl lesbian, I'm going to drop hits of E with her in the bathroom, promise her cab fare and then hold her breasts in my palms.

I have had some success with butches by offering them the latest Craftsman tool on sale at Sears, and putting their palms on my breasts.

Lesbians in long-term relationships haven't been laid in so long, that I pretty much just ask them if they want exchange sweatpants and they jump me."

http://mojopo.blogspot.com/

Quote 0 0
lipstictomboy
Every woman enjoys being admired. Just remember that and you'll be fine. Her reaction or response may be all you need to get things going. Compliment her in ways that sweetly shock. More and more women, just like yourself are turning towards the emotional and physical exploration of same gender connection. Whether it be for pure physical fum or the sweet embrace of intimacy. Chances now are 8 out of 10 from what the stats say. Either curious themselves or bi. Think of it this way. What harm could come to your noted attraction to another woman.She'll either say no thank you and go off feeling very flattered and beautifully sexy or stay. Either way you just made that womans day or evening. EVERY woman loves bathing in the feeling of being wanted , its our nature. Being a woman yourself , would'nt you agree?
She is the flesh of my sex. She is the warmth i feel. She is the awakening within me which mirrors my gender. Swallow the bliss of her physical form for she is me and I her.
Quote 0 0
Newbette wrote:

I've just gotten out of a 4 year relationship with a man and am finally coming to grips with the fact that I am very sexually attracted to women. The only problem is I have no idea how to go about meeting women or letting them know I'm interested!  I am very feminine and don't really look the "type" and a little on the shy side so its making things fairly difficult to impossible. I'll see an attractive woman...and...nothing. Its hard enough for me to just strike up a conversation much less announce that I like women to a total stranger. (You'd think that at 34 I wouldn't feel like a panicked adolescent but I absolutely do.) Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

i know!!! boys are easier but it is so hard for me to approach a woman. i dont want her looking at me the way i look at guys when i turn them down
Quote 0 0
I was very lucky to be approached at a party by a much younger lady. Had this wonderful woman not made the first move I would have never come to grips with my own bisexuality.
Quote 0 0