I've been ordering sex toys for a while but find it completely ridiculous that it isn't even LEGAL to have a Tabu Toy Shop in the state of Alabama. I am so dissapointed that in this world of school shootings and violent crime this society still has hang-ups.... about vibrators!! Its such an odd concept for me to picture these people who are so, so prudish that they actually care about what I purchase for my own private use. There are some amazing vibrators out there today and every couple should have one in their bedroom to experiment with. Whats wrong with it? And who are these politicians to tell ME what "OBSCENE" is? Most of them have mistresses and are on their 4th wife and they want to tell ME what I can do with my body? I don't get it. If it happens between two consenting adults or even one consenting adult then it's all good. Who is it really hurting?

Sorry for the rant and thanks for listening.
Quote 0 0
In Alabama, you can sell guns on any street corner but you can't sell sex toys. Welcome to the South!
Quote 0 0
mama_seay
I am with you girl.  I am from Alabama too.  In Birmingham there are a few adult book stores, but they are in the part of town that if you go there you might need a body guard to follow.  I always feel like there must be something wrong with me because I want to go to these places.
Quote 0 0
K for Chaos
I just don't like the fact that if I can find a sex store I can't even go in it because I'm not 18 yet. I'm not allowed to ecen walk in there with my boyfriend or my friends
I glow in the dark, it's a sexy redhead thing.
Quote 0 0
I know Chaos. I used to work in an adult store and we had to ID everyone because our local authorities were just drooling at the chance to bust us selling sex toys to a minor. It only takes one overly concerned parent to find a toy in their precious daughter's room and all of the sudden we are "smut peddlers" all over the news. Ofcourse, kids are having unprotected sex left and right but the prospect of a sex toy is just too much for some people.

I feel for you but these stores are just trying to survive. Your best bet is to just order online or by phone.
Quote 0 0
K for Chaos
It really is stupid how they jump all over those stores like that. When they make it so difficult it just makes young people go behind everyone's back! I know I did. It makes people think sex is such a bad thing!
I glow in the dark, it's a sexy redhead thing.
Quote 0 0
There are some crazy sex toy laws out there. In Texas, for instance, you can't own more than five dildos. Why five? Well, according to Texas law makers, if you have five dildos or less you are a hobbyist. Six dildos or more mean you are a distributor with the intent to sell. I think it's a funny distinction because, I mean, if you own six guns are you arrested with an intent to sell? In Texas I bet not. Can all those oil millionaires who collect old cars only own five or less in order to remain hobbyists? Worse still some places, like Alabama, flat out don't allow any sales of dildos or other sex toys. 
But weirder still then these sort of hold over Puritan laws is that they all have a loophole built in. In all cases it is legal to own a dildo if it is for medical reasons.
Quote 0 0
Hank Alvarez
The next time you go to your polling place remember that. This is the religious right sticking their noses in our bedrooms and that's why I'm not living there. Hank
Quote 0 0
PrincessKLS
AlabamaGirl wrote:

I've been ordering sex toys for a while but find it completely ridiculous that it isn't even LEGAL to have a Tabu Toy Shop in the state of Alabama. I am so dissapointed that in this world of school shootings and violent crime this society still has hang-ups.... about vibrators!! Its such an odd concept for me to picture these people who are so, so prudish that they actually care about what I purchase for my own private use. There are some amazing vibrators out there today and every couple should have one in their bedroom to experiment with. Whats wrong with it? And who are these politicians to tell ME what "OBSCENE" is? Most of them have mistresses and are on their 4th wife and they want to tell ME what I can do with my body? I don't get it. If it happens between two consenting adults or even one consenting adult then it's all good. Who is it really hurting?

Sorry for the rant and thanks for listening.

It's illegal in Virginia too, I couldn't buy the vibrating touch! But you should be safe to buy online.
Quote 0 0
Rosy Glow
Yolie wrote:

There are some crazy sex toy laws out there. In Texas, for instance, you can't own more than five dildos. Why five? Well, according to Texas law makers, if you have five dildos or less you are a hobbyist. Six dildos or more mean you are a distributor with the intent to sell. I think it's a funny distinction because, I mean, if you own six guns are you arrested with an intent to sell? In Texas I bet not. Can all those oil millionaires who collect old cars only own five or less in order to remain hobbyists? Worse still some places, like Alabama, flat out don't allow any sales of dildos or other sex toys. 
But weirder still then these sort of hold over Puritan laws is that they all have a loophole built in. In all cases it is legal to own a dildo if it is for medical reasons.

Actually only Alabama and Mississippi still have these bans. Texas overturned theirs in February of 08!!
Quote 0 0