Tabu Toypro
Well our lovable Facebook page has been "disabled" by Facebook's team of sex cops. And I'm sad to say that they won't give us back our rights or let me re-register. I suppose we're now on "the list" or something.

The page was created in February and contained a lot of sex-positive discussions. We made it a point to share some of the more educational subjects as opposed to the common "What Gets You Off?" or "How Big Is Your Dick?" types of posts. Occasionally I did throw in links to erotica or sex-in-art photos, and I'm sure there was a nipple here or there, but nothing XXX and certainly nothing that I would deem offensive. Of course, I do work in the adult world and I ripped off my blinders long ago, but I was still posting sensitive to the prudes.

All was going well and we had some nice click-throughs happening. (Thank you to all of you who found us through Facebook) We were connecting with sex-activists, sex-educators, writers and even gasp! fans of adult products! But one confusing Monday morning in late April, I had to rub the sleep out of my eyes a few times before I realized they had killed our profile and I really was typing in my password correctly.

So I bit and clicked on the "My Band, Business or Other Organization Profile was Disabled" link (which also says I should have received a warning) and made an inquiry. Lo & behold, my "warning" email showed up.

Hello,

You uploaded a photo that violates our Terms of Use, and this photo has been removed. Facebook does not allow photos that attack an individual or group, or that contain nudity, drug use, violence, or other violations of the Terms of Use. These policies are designed to ensure Facebook remains a safe, secure and trusted environment for all users, including the many children who use the site.

Mmm-kay. Which one? Obviously a nipple must have caused the panic, because I sure as shit would not attack a group or individual, nor would I post anything non-sex related. So it had to be nudity. I guess. Reason I say that is because when I went further to ask, "Which one? What violation? Hip me to it - I'll remove it..." They responded as such:

Unfortunately, for technical and security reasons, Facebook cannot provide you with a description or copy of the removed content.

Really? We got a little help from our previous contact there, not on the sex-pigs team, and he said:

Without actually seeing what the page was before, I think they are saying that you had a personal profile set up for commercial purposes, and that they want you to use a Fan Page.

Um, no. Because we have one of those too. And those are not the same because you can not go out and seek friends from a fan page. They have to come to you. Posts are completely different and the stats don't work the same.

So I questioned the cops one last time and they flatly said:

Hi,

Facebook Pages are special profiles used solely for commercial, political, or charitable purposes. Facebook Pages may only be set up for the purpose of promoting a business or other commercial, political, or charitable organization or endeavor (including non-profit organizations, political campaigns, bands and celebrities), and only by an authorized representative of the entity or individual that is the subject of the Facebook Page. In addition, we do not allow any Pages to be created to promote or refer to adult products.  By creating a Facebook Page, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to do so by the person or entity that is the subject of the Facebook Page, and to accept these Additional Terms and the Facebook Terms of Use on such person's or entity's behalf.

Ah. So let's see..used for the purpose of promoting a business? Check. Only an authorized representative? Check. Adult products? Check!

Three checks and we're out! Maybe it had nothing to do with this offensive photo or maybe it had everything to do with it. Who knows? Only the Facebook gestapo does and frankly, I don't care to converse with them any longer about it because it HURTS MY HEAD.

I did send one final email, politely wishing them luck on their quest to censor their members from titties and devils like us here at tabutoys. Because they're going to have their Face-full.

Shop safe at Tabutoys.com
Read our Sex Blog!
Quote 0 0