So I've been getting into Ayurvedic stuff lately and though agree with it on so many levels (like its totally improved my health) but most Ayurvedic teachings forbid "over masturbation" whatever that means. Actually, most of it says that one should practically never masturbate EVER though it seems this is more geared towards males. Apparently this causes a lack of concentration, weaken the adrenals, etc..but I'm not sure I buy it. I mean, I can see how it affect your health adversely if you DON'T.

Anyway, I was just wondering what everyone's views on this are?
Quote 0 0
Many vedic teachings are no longer applicable in the modern world, where we all must live! Firstly, masturbation helps to relieve sexual frustrations. Nowadays with almost all women having their careers and being forced to live solitary lives, the sexual seclusion has become a part of life. Masturbation can take part of a bit of that seclusion. However, too much sex can deplete the Ojas, the bodies vital energy like too much of anything. Frequent masturbation tends to take away the core energy whereas at least during intercourse you have the benefit of drawing some amount of bioenergy from your partner. I do not agree with total abstinance, only moderation. (What is recommended for you is unique to your constitution or dosha.) This is not my area of expertise, but it is my understanding that kapha persons can engage in sex more frequently than Pitta or Vita persons.
Quote 0 0