Tabu Toypro
Cory Silverberg answers this letter in Doin' It Decent - a new section on About.com's Sexuality resource site.

My 80-year-old dad (who is losing his hearing) had been visiting with us from out west for a few weeks. One afternoon he and I were in the kitchen and my 18-year-old son was home with his girlfriend. Before I knew it I was hearing them have sex. I was incredibly embarrassed at first because I was sitting there with my dad, but when I realized he wasn’t hearing any of it I just got a bit grossed out. I know my son is sexually active and have always taught him that sex is something wonderful for him to enjoy. But I don’t want to hear him having it and definitely don’t need my father hearing him either! Do you think it’s okay for me to tell him he can’t have sex in the house? Is it hypocritical (after all, my husband and I have sex in the house regularly and did the whole time both my kids lived at home)?

Dilemma! What would you do? Find out what advice is given to her at Doin' It Decent - The Ethics of Sex in Everyday Life
Shop safe at Tabutoys.com
Read our Sex Blog!
Quote 0 0
Hank Alvarez
Hopefully it's protected sex or we'll be calling you "grandma." But it's your house, your rules. If you're not comfortable with it tell them to go get a room somewhere else. Hank
Quote 0 0
shywifeandmom
first, i love sex and have no hang ups from that stand point but you are the adult and it is your house.  so from one mom to another, if you don't want your 18 year old having sex in your house, then you should stop it. explain your house rules respectfully and with love.  if you don't mind him having sex, but just not when company is over, or prefer that he have sex when no one is there, then create parameters or develop boundaries.  if he can't respect your house or rules than he has options, afterall he is 18 and can move out. also make sure that you discuss safe sex, or you as the new grandma, might find yourself raising another child.
Quote 0 0
jozef88
Hank Alvarez wrote:

Hopefully it's protected sex or we'll be calling you "grandma." But it's your house, your rules. If you're not comfortable with it tell them to go get a room somewhere else. Hank

i agree with you...
Quote 0 0
sextalktimeandfantasy
Definitely agree that it is your house, your rules, if he doesn't like it, too bad, it's your house and your rules.

In my opinion it is a respect thing. I could never imagine having sex loud enough for my parents to hear when i was living at home. It was the excitement of getting caught but I would definitely never EVER want my parents to hear me have sex or walk in on me! lol AWKKKWARD!

I'd sit him down and stick to your guns!

Sincerely,
Carmen
Quote 0 0