Tabu Toypro
An old law still on the books in New Orleans, LA makes you a sex offender for committing crimes against nature if you are caught in an oral sex act. Crime against nature, people. They call it "unnatural copulation" and of course, its the sex workers who they are enforcing this on. Cue the exasperated sigh...

It also applies to anal sex, which until recently was still very much poo-pooed (heh) in several other states.

Original article: Lemondrop: Don't Fellate Your Mate in NOLA
Shop safe at Tabutoys.com
Read our Sex Blog!
Quote 0 0
Roadie
Good thing Dreamer and I have oral sex in the motel room when we visit other places...doing stuff like that in nature would get ants and stuff up my ass...

Are they serious???
Lovin My Wife...Lovin Life

Quote 0 0
Tabu Toypro
I don't think you have to be in nature, per se. They're saying it's unnatural so it's a crime against nature. Silly, yes, just plain old silly. I suspect people have been partaking in both oral and anal sex long before 1805!
Read our Sex Blog!
Quote 0 0
Hank Alvarez
Until just recently I was told by an attorney friend that many forms of sexual intercourse and adultery were still considered criminal acts in a lot of states. Go figure. Hank
Quote 0 0
studley
I remember that it is illegal to have sex on Sundays somewhere....
Quote 0 0
Tabu Toypro
Current Events on Sodomy Laws

In June of 2003 (Lawrence v. Texas) the U.S. Supreme Court in a 6-3 vote declared sodomy laws unconstitutional, granting gays the right to privacy in the bedroom. (Sadly, the laws were originally aimed at homosexual couples engaging in anal sex)

States that Prohibit Consensual Sex Between:

Only Same-Sex Partners : Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma

Different-Sex & Same-Sex Partners: Alabama, Florida, Idaho, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Utah, Virginia,

"Free" States: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming

Via About.com and Gaylife.About.com
Read our Sex Blog!
Quote 0 0
P Gell
Actually Michigan was one of the states in which "sodomy" was against the law until 2003. We go on vacation there a lot, and years back, The Man and I would have a great time seeing how many "sodomy" laws we could break while we were there.  (And breaking sodomy laws quietly because there were usually our kids in the next room at the hotel or cottage.)

Just the idea that we were "breaking the law" and "committing sodomy" made it even more fun!

I told The Man about this thread and he said, if we had the money we'd go right to Nawlins now, just to break the law.
I can be tolerant of almost anything....except Intolerance........and Dairy Products
Quote 0 0
Roadie
Oh Hell PG! I got family in Michigan...and Dreamer and I were there fairly recently...need to check with family and see if there is a warrant out for us!!! We had sex there...several times...in several different ways!
Lovin My Wife...Lovin Life

Quote 0 0
Hank Alvarez
You guys sound like fun. Hank
Quote 0 0