ladybug
I have a sexual toy question. I had a hysterectomy and I was wondering about the smart balls. would they get lost somewhere when you had a hysterectomy?
Quote 0 0
Adriana
It depends. If you have your cervix removed as well, then balls could travel places you might not want them. I would honestly as your doctor.
Quote 0 0
Tabu Toypro
Hi Lady bug!

The cool thing about the Smart Balls is that a) they are connected and b) they have a "pull tab" for lack of a better term, which allows you to keep track of them. Kind of like a tampon, they should be easy to retrieve. Now if you're looking at loose Ben Wa balls - you may need the good doc's opinion! 
Shop safe at Tabutoys.com
Read our Sex Blog!
Quote 0 0
Hank Alvarez
Ladies: (those who've had a complete hysterectomy; everything but the vagina: ovaries, tubes, cervix, etc), have you noticed a decreased libido, decreased vaginal secretions, dryness, and sensitivity where your cervix use to be? The gynecologist warned me that she would be a little shallower, shorter inside, and that I'd have to be careful thrusting. Sometimes when we're really going at it hot and heavy I worry. She says it doesn't hurt but I am concerned. Hank
Quote 0 0
Roadie
My first wife had a complete hysterectomy. The one thing I did notice in the beginning was a definate decrease in sexual desire. Then she found the glory of hormone therapy.

Physically, I noticed that if I thrust too hard and got too close to the 'bottom', she could feel it...something that didnt happen before the hysterectomy.

Then she found that if she didnt have her monthly shot...she didnt have to bother with me. End of marriage...end of story...
Lovin My Wife...Lovin Life

Quote 0 0
Hank Alvarez
Gals with radical hysterectomies: Can you still squirt, gush? My wife use to regularly but she can seem to now. Hank
Quote 0 0
Hank Alvarez
Please let me make a correction to the question I asked above. She "can't" seem to squirt when she cums like she did before her hysterectomy. It use to be an everyday occurrence and now it's very rarely and with a lot less volume.  She's noticed the drop in libido, as I have, but considering the difference in our ages it's not really a problem. Vaginal dryness, we pretty much solved with lubrication, hence all my questions regarding lubes. Your advice led us to some new products we both like. Ladies, if you've had a radical hysterectomy and experienced a marked reduction in your ability to gush when you cum I'd appreciate some guidance. The OBGYN's don't have much to say about this subject. We certainly had no choice in her having to have the surgery, in fact I almost lost her and I just want to help her in any way I can. Hank
Quote 0 0
TabuToys Moderator
Great question Hank.

During orgasm a woman experiences uterine contractions. So, the removal of the uterus will obviously change the way she experiences a climax. That said, it doesn't mean the end of orgasms or hot sex. The area where the g-spot is located is not removed-even during radical hysterectomy. Unless the nerve pathways leading to the urethra and bladder have been severed (in rare cases) the g-spot is left undisturbed.

In fact, after surgery many women who have experienced reduced clitoral sensitivity find g-spot stimulation to be a boon to their sex lives. This is also said to be true of older women with post-menopause actually being referred to as the "age of the g-spot."
Quote 0 0
I have a very dear friend who had a complete hysterectomy when she was still in high school. Interestingly enough, she can have vaginal orgasms without clit stimulation and I cannot. Go figure!
Quote 0 0