naughtyeliot
From my newly renamed blog Naughty Eliot (formerly Thoughts on Naughtiness & Kink)

I'd heard lots of good things about Tantus's Rock Chick Silicone Vibrator, so I was eager to put it on my wish list for Tabutoys.com. However, knowing that there is no such thing as the perfect toy (it's all subjective), I was also skeptical.

As the name indicates, the Rock Chick is made of silicone, which means you can boil it, but you cannot boil the bullet. Always remove the bullet before cleaning. Remember those Afterglow tissues I reviewed? They're great for wiping the top of the bullet should it get a bit messy. The silicone is smooth and pleasant to the touch, and feels great on my skin. Do not use silicone lube with the Rock Chick. Use a water-based one like I did with my Eros Woman.

It's larger than I expected, but you would think by now that I'd have no expectations. Though I knew how it was supposed to work, I had my doubts once it was in my hands.

The Rock Chick's vibrations are powered by the bullet you see in the picture above. That bullet fits into this hole at the clitoral end of the toy: (Pictures on the blog)

It fits very snugly so there are no worries of it slipping out while you play. In fact, it fits so snugly that it takes some wriggling to get the bullet out. The instructions expressly state that you are not to remove the bullet by pulling on the screw-on cap, but by pressing in at the bottom of the bullet inside the silicone walls, and working it out that way. However, I couldn't get that to work so I had to pull on the cap. But I'm careful to grasp it fully, and I only pull on it long enough for my fingers to gain purchase on the next bit that reveals itself.

I did a quick video to show you the Rock Chick up close, and so you could hear its vibrations: (video on blog)

I apologize for the shaky image. My hands do shake sometimes, and there's a palsy that runs through my family. I just didn't realize how bad it was while I was filming. But I figured my hands would shake even more if I tried it a second time, so that's the best you guys get.

Anyway, notice the little silver cap? Yeah, that's the point where you stop pushing the bullet into the toy. The nifty button on top makes it easy to turn on and off while you're playing; no various speeds and vibrations to mess with.

The Rock Chick is meant to stimulate both the clit and the g-spot of the female while she rocks her hips. It sounds great in theory, but I found it to be much less so in practice. I tried it first by lying on my back and using a hand to rock the toy up and down on my clit while the other was supposed to work on my g-spot. I also tried the recommended position of sitting on the edge of my bed and leaning back on my hands for support while rocking my hips. Unfortunately, I could never get the dual sensations the way the toy was designed to give.

One thing that's wrong is the placement of the g-spot curve. The g-spot is long believed to be only 1-2 inches (maybe even 3) inside from the vaginal opening, but the bit of the toy that is supposed to simulate the g-spot is nearly 4 inches from the inner curve of the toy. And though I can't tell you exactly where my g-spot is, it's apparently not where that toy rubs. It was uncomfortable at best, painful at worst. If I moved the g-spot curve a bit further up where I'm pretty sure my g-spot is located, the ridged end would be out too far and unable to stimulate my clit. If I pressed the ridged end against my clit, then the other end would slide in too far and become painful. It was a lose-lose situation.

I did rock and there were some pleasurable moments involving the ridges for the clit, but the toy as a whole did not work all that well for me. Actually, the only time I really enjoyed it was when I grabbed the clitoral "arm" and used it to thrust the g-spot "arm" in and out of my vagina while I rubbed my clit. That led to a really nice orgasm, no doubt fueled by my frustration with the toy. I gave it three different tries over the course of a few days, and I may eventually give it another shot some day, but it's not going to be one of my go-to toys.

Do not let this deter you, though. As I said at the beginning of this review, there has been lots of good things said about the Rock Chick. Who knows, you may be one of the many who love this silicone toy.
Quote 0 0
I'm so glad I read this before I bought it. My g-spot is very close to the opening so Id need something shorter.
Quote 0 0
I have something like this but it's pink and called the Adonis. It works great but probably because its a little softer.
Quote 0 0