Roadie
I wish I had all the dates for this little tidbit of information...but I can only give a general time frame...but here goes anyway. In March 2007, a fireperson was fired for posting 'suggestive' photos on her MySpace page. These photos were available only to those that she allowed to see them. She was fired for posting the pictures because they portrayed a fireman in an 'unprofessional way and was detrimental to the department'. Now the rest of the story - The woman was on her probationary period and could be 'fired without cause' (a fun Georgia law). There were two photos in question...one was her in a bra and panties...the other was her in her bathrobe after she has just gotten out of the shower (remember bathrobe...it's important). After questioning by the City Manager and Fire Chief, they said she was 'beligerant and rude' to them. Why was she beligerant and rude? There is a fund raising in the City of Savannah for burn victims, sponsored by fireman. And how do they raise funds? Having firemen pose suggestively for a calendar they sell every year. They had two new ones this year...one of men firefighters and one of women. She questioned why her MySpace was singled out (as male firefighters have photos of themselves on their MySpace) and wanted to know who found the pictures. She received no answer...so she sued for 'wrongful termination'. This past Monday a Georgia State Court Judge threw her case out without reviewing it, saying her posing in a TOWEL was enough reason for termination (remember the bathrobe). She is reviewing her options.
Lovin My Wife...Lovin Life

Quote 0 0
Tabu Toypro
Sounds like they only support it if they can get a cut!

UPDATE: ok I have to recant that because the proceeds are all donated. I guess the only crime I see is a terry clothed item of clothing.
Shop safe at Tabutoys.com
Read our Sex Blog!
Quote 0 0
TabuToys Moderator
Here's a link to the "towel" picture in question:

http://savannahnow.com/node/738176

And here's a link to a page from the Southside Fire Calendar:

http://media.nbcaugusta.com/images/mens%20cover%20use.JPG

Who's showing more skin? And why does it matter?
Quote 0 0
Roadie
Guess I could have looked that stuff up, huh? Call me lazy...but I did hit the highlights.

Thank you, Madam Moderator, for taking the time and trouble to look it up...does make a little more sense when you can see what they are talking about.

Quote 0 0
Hank Alvarez
Face it, we have a hypocritical, unequal system and if you're the subject of a witch hunt you are screwed. I learned the hard way and gave up telling people that my wife was once one of my students. From the looks on their shocked faces I quickly realized that I had to add that I was also a student of hers, which is true. I'm not a fan of this new technology that takes away our anonymity and strips us barer than we want to be in public. There are probably some things we should keep private. It's not right but that's the way I think it is. And I live in a very liberal part of the country. How do you feel?  Hank   
Quote 0 0
Tabu Toypro
Polaroids. Stick to Polaroids, people!
Read our Sex Blog!
Quote 0 0
Roadie
But you can't post a Polaroid on-line! And then where we would be?

Quote 0 0
Tabu Toypro
Still employed? Hahahah! Poor girl.
Read our Sex Blog!
Quote 0 0