Tabu Toypro
Sixteen-year-old was found working in a local club - Law would ban minors from stripping
by Melissa Sardelli for WPRI

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) - If passed, a new city ordinance would prohibit minors from working as strippers in the capital city. Providence City Councilman Michael Solomon submitted the legislation.

"When I read the recent newspaper article which pointed out that state labor laws do not prohibit people under the age of 18 from working in an adult entertainment establishment, I knew the Council had to take immediate action. As the father of three daughters, I find this omission in state law appalling said," Solomon.

The new law will make it illegal for minors to work in an adult entertainment establishment including working as food and beverage servers. The legal loophole came to light after a 16 year-old was found to be working as a stripper in a local gentlemen's club.

The club owner could not be disciplined because the way the law is currently written. Under the new law if passed, violators will be fined $500 dollars for the 1st offense, and $1,000 dollars for each addition offense.

Council President Peter Maninci and Councilman Nicholas Narducci, are co-sponsoring the ordinance.

A special meeting will be held Monday, July 27th at 5:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers to discuss the ordinance.
Shop safe at Tabutoys.com
Read our Sex Blog!
Quote 0 0