TabuToys Moderator
Can Vibrators, be art? Or I suppose more specifically, is there room in the world of art to consider these sculptural works as more than just tools of adult pleasure? I say, Absolutely! In the same sense that a Ferrari, or a 63 Corvette can be considered functional works of art, so too can Vibrators offer a visceral reaction that is inherently the objective (if there is truly an objective) of “art”. From the minimalist sleek design of a Fun Factory Layaspot, and clever reinvention of the bullet, like the Lucid Dream #5, to the gesturally distinct tool marks on the Vibratex Beaver that take a new contemporary approach to the classic Rabbit type clitoral stimulating vibrator.

Vibrators today have transcended the simple utilitarian, wiggling, often clunky phalluses of our mothers and grandmothers. In addition the integration of improved engineering and advancing technology promises to open up yet another avenue of the “art form” with more and more I-Vibrator type products hitting the market. So in the future not only do I believe that these vibrators will solidify their legitimacy as pieces of art, but they may expand and someday be recognized as their own mixed media art-form.
Quote 0 0