Does great sex have to be based on monogamy? According to Becky Sharper, fuck no!

"I've simply never bought into the idea that all sex must live up to the shining heteronormative ideal of candlelight and roses and true love (which, of course, will progress naturally to an engagement ring and a poufy white dress.) Now, I was always told growing up that "sex is what you do when you love someone." Well, yes. But also...no. Fun sex with your friends has its place too, and for me, having fuck buddies is one of the most enjoyable perks of being single.."

Read the rest of the article here: http://bitchmagazine.org/post/the-joy-of-casual-sex-2

Quote 0 0
Adriana
I just don't think I am cut out for casual sex. There has to be more
Quote 0 0
destined
When I was single it was fine. I had a couple of "friends with benefits" and we had fun.
For me, sex without the emotional ties as I would have in a long term relationship is simply a way to deal with everyday stresses. It's the physical release.
Once I did find myself in a relationship, it was different. Where the variety of casual sex was the exciting part, the emotional security of a one on one relationship gives me desire to make that one person the center point of my passions.
The years of casual sex gave me some good insight and experience I could share with the one I love.
Quote 0 0
Hank Alvarez
    I think we were fed a lot of bullshit when we were young and most of it came from politics fed by organized religions as a control mechanism. That's why I had a falling out with mine. Fucking is fun, whether or not it's under the consent of the king or the church. I think that monogamy is just something that can happen if you're very lucky. I met and married a wonderful gal who has kept me on my sexual toes for over twenty five years and I hope she keeps me going for another twenty-five.
    I didn't feel that way before her but knowing what she can do for me makes me want to be faithful to her. And that we are exclusive to each other in this day of STD's it's quite a relief. You also get to know each other's eccentricities and I think there are fewer missed cues than I experienced in casual sex with strangers. There can be a safe soul bearing warmth in monogamy too. HHH 
Quote 0 0
studley
destined wrote:
For me, sex without the emotional ties as I would have in a long term relationship is simply a way to deal with everyday stresses. It's the physical release.

Although I never did have casual sex, I would think if it were more than a one night stand I would eventually have feelings for that person.
Quote 0 0