TabuToys Moderator
From the excellent http://beautyandthebreast.org

A woman’s vagina is not a balloon, but that is what some people would like you to believe. One vaginal rejuvenation center in Washington D.C. likens a woman’s vagina to an inflatable balloon that will inevitably lose its original shape once deflated. Vaginal rejuvenation includes a range of procedures that use laser and reconstructive tools to reduce and rebuild the muscles and tissues of the vagina and vulva. The end result is a vagina that is tighter and supposedly more attractive.

The procedures are entirely aesthetic and provide no medical benefit to the patient. Yet because research has not been done on the long term effects, nobody knows the potentially horrific consequences of this surgery. As with all surgeries, the immediate risks of excessive bleeding, scarring, and infection certainly apply. You could easily dish out $4000-$10,000 just to end up with a bloody, scarred, infected vagina – now how’s that for attractive! Furthermore, because there are nerve endings in the vagina that may be cut during this procedure, some patients may end up in a permanent loss of sensation. It is very ironic and disturbing that a doctor who performs this surgery claims that it helps “empower women with knowledge, choices, alternatives, and ultimately… better sex!”

Recently, I discovered a new procedure that I had never heard of before. It is called the G-spot amplification procedure, otherwise known as the G-shot. The proponents claim to have found a way to enlarge the G-spot thus making sexual gratification easier and more enjoyable. In reality, there is no medical literature that confirms or refutes the existence of the G spot. It is still a bit of a medical mystery. It could represent the underside of the clitoris, the bulb of the vestibule, or special vaginal tissue. Even if it does exist and can be “enlarged,” I find the concept rather sickening. First of all, it is reminiscent of the nineteenth century argument Freudian argument that vaginal orgasm is “mature” and clitoral orgasm is “infantile.” According to Dr. Elizabeth Stewart in The V Book, many physicians at that time believed that only by “shifting focus away from the clitoris and to the unmistakably feminine vagina could a woman find psychosexual fulfillment.” The Washington vaginal rejuvenation center offers this G-shot procedure while it does not, to my knowledge, provide any surgeries that increase clitoral stimulation, thereby promoting an image that tight vaginas and increased vaginal stimulation is better for a woman, not because it actually is but because it is what society says a woman should have.

As that surgeon suggested, women do need knowledge, choices, alternatives, and better sex if they so choose, but they certainly won’t get this from reconstructing their vaginas. There is no evidence that vaginal tightness results in increased sexual pleasure. This is a myth that stems from associating enhanced sexual pleasure with virginity and youthfulness. Childbirth and aging are natural processes, not agents of disease. Why do our natural vaginas need to be zapped, prodded, and molded? Learning to love our bodies for what they are, is the most important key to enjoying sex, whether with oneself or with a partner. For years, men have been telling us to take hormones or get our breasts enlarged so we can fit their image of what femininity is. It is time that as women, we decided how to govern our own bodies and not let society’s perceptions become the law of our heart.

Quote 0 0
Adriana
I really see no purpose for vaginal reconstruction. Vaginas are very unique organs and there is no "normal" anyway!
Quote 0 0
vag surgery is not a good idea. Ask Jenna Jameson why she really had to retire..besides most guys dont care about that stuff. Youll never here a guy say "i dont wanna go out with her anymore because her pussy is ugly" most guys are so busy trying to get inside that they could care less what it looks like.
Quote 0 0
Betty Rocket
Adriana wrote:

I really see no purpose for vaginal reconstruction. Vaginas are very unique organs and there is no "normal" anyway!

YAY someone I know!! Hi honey!!!

And I agree 100%! Plastic surgeons are capitalizing on women once again by preying on unrealistic insecurities.

Kegels are the true vaginal secret.....
Betty Rocket
Quote 0 0
Betty Rocket wrote:

[quote author=Adriana link=topic=854.msg2969#msg2969 date=1230004422]

YAY someone I know!! Hi honey!!!

And I agree 100%! Plastic surgeons are capitalizing on women once again by preying on unrealistic insecurities.

Kegels are the true vaginal secret.....

Down with surgery! Viva los kegels!
Quote 0 0