SpiceyCreole
ok now i got this boyfriend and i been trying to keep him out of trouble for a while but it doesnt seem to be working. he is going to serve a very short time for parole violations but he is a good man who some made mistakes when he was younger. he says he dont wanna hold me back and he wants to break it off. what do i do? i really love this guy i think he's the one!!!
I'ma be like a jolly rancher that you get from the corner store
I'ma be like a waffle cone that's dripping down to the floor
Quote 0 0
Adriana
Well, I can understand both points of view. You love him and want to work through this with him. He cares about you and doesn't want you to sit around waiting.Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of common ground here. You can try to explain to him that you care about him enough that you're willing to be by his side during this ordeal. Or you can consider that waiting for him might not be the wisest course of action and consider taking time off during his incarceration. Perhaps if, after all is said and done, you can reunite the spark of passion and this can show him how much you do care.
Quote 0 0
SpiceyCreole
Thank you. I'm not the type to put my business out there, but I really need to vent to some people who may relate to what I'm going through. I am crazy in love with this man and when I got his bad news it has emotionally drained me.
I'ma be like a jolly rancher that you get from the corner store
I'ma be like a waffle cone that's dripping down to the floor
Quote 0 0
Adriana
Well, I dated someone, for a while, who spent some time in prison. Of course, it wasn't a great relationship and this experience made my realize that pretty quick. But I also know people who have successfully stuck it out, too.
Quote 0 0
Hank Alvarez
Having taught at a prison I can only say: beware. the recidivism rate is very high for men and if he's back on a parole violation he obviously didn't learn hos lesson. There are a lot of good men out there that won't make you have to deal with that. Hank
Quote 0 0
Agreed Hank. Part of becoming a good partner (and a good man) is learning how to take care of your responsibilities. If he hasn't learned his lesson yet then who knows how he will make your relationship or a family work in the future? It would think long and hard about building a future with this person.
Quote 0 0