TabuToys Moderator
Like anyone who worshiped Kung Fu reruns in the early 80's I was saddened to hear about David Carradine's recent death. Not surprising is the media's treatment of the lurid circumstances surrounding it (most likely due to auto-asphyxiation with personal restraints) and even the shopping list of sex toys he purchased shortly beforehand has been made public. However, what I find personally gag-inducing is the fact that certain adult retailers have been quick to follow with lame attempts to cash in on his legacy. I give you this recent Twitter:

"From (**name withheld**)To David Carradine- wherever you are: masturbation would have been a lot safer if you had used green sex toys!"

Uh huh. Naturally, this helpful statement linked back to an adult website retailing green sex toys. Wherever he is, I'm sure Mr. Carradine appreciates your concern, **Name withheld**. If only he had received this message a little earlier his life might have been spared by what exactly..a hemp ball gag? And how in God’s name, could a “green sex toy” have prevented David Carradine’s death?

Any adult retailer knows that the bias against the sex industry makes it necessary to hold ourselves to a higher code of ethics than the average business. We treat our customers with respect, and most importantly, we never, ever compromise their identity or what they’ve purchased. What that means, **Name Withheld**,  is that there’s nothing wrong with a little shameless self-promotion but doing it off the back of a recently deceased man pushes the limits of bad taste. Quite frankly, I'd like to kung-fu kick your website in the nuts.

As for a certain adult shop in Tarzana, California that I will not name: you are the weakest link. Not only did you provide the media with a detailed list of David’s purchases, you revealed what he probably assumed was a private conversation with you regarding an argument with his wife.  It’s no wonder so people make the assumption all sex shops harbor morally bankrupt men in raincoats. Here's to hoping you spend the majority of your day mopping up after them.

As Master Kahn said to a young grasshopper, "In striving for an ideal, we do not seek rewards. Yet trust does sometimes bring with it a great reward, even greater than good." In other words, lay off Quai Chang Kane!
Quote 0 0
Tabu Toypro
sad. everyone wants a piece of the next trending topic.
Shop safe at Tabutoys.com
Read our Sex Blog!
Quote 0 0
Hank Alvarez
I really hope we can ignore the crap that's coming out of the media about him. I appreciated him as an actor and he seemed like a very nice person. I met him, only for a moment, at the Magic Castle in LA where we celebrated a friend's fortieth birthday and he was very pleasant. He shook my hand when I said I just want ed to thank him for his many enjoyable performances. I've heard of other celebrities snubbing us little people but he didn't. Hank
Quote 0 0