PrincessKLS
I know my state of Virginia doesn't, I know Alabama and Georgia don't but what other states are hung up on this issue?
Quote 0 0
Roadie
Georgia does allow the selling of vibrators. In Savannah, there are 4 adult toy stores...and all four of them have walls dedicated to vibrators and other various toys...
Lovin My Wife...Lovin Life

Quote 0 0
PrincessKLS
Oh, well I know Virginia has a few shops but it's supposedly illegal here. In fact I've heard my state is so conservative that they have old blue laws that state the only sex you should have is heterosexual sex within marriage (to your spouse) and only in missionary position without any aides.
Quote 0 0
Adriana
^ All states have old laws like that on the record. Don't put too much stock in it
Quote 0 0
Roadie
It is against the law in Georgia to have sex in a shopping cart in a parking lot...its on the books!!!

Quote 0 0
Hank Alvarez
I'm curious about the reality of sex shops in other states. We have a lot of them in California but they're usually in the crappier parts of town. The local religious fanatics do a lot to make their lives miserable by demonstrating or putting pressure on them through the city fathers when it comes to licensing issues. That's reflected by the prices they charge. You can get most things through mail order a lot cheaper with less hassle. What's it like where you live? Hank
Quote 0 0
Alot of this stuff is left over from 100 years ago. In Michigan where I'm from, they still have a law that says a woman can't cut her hair without her husband's permission. I'd like to see a cop try and enforce that.
Quote 0 0
Adriana
Hank Alvarez wrote:

I'm curious about the reality of sex shops in other states. We have a lot of them in California but they're usually in the crappier parts of town. The local religious fanatics do a lot to make their lives miserable by demonstrating or putting pressure on them through the city fathers when it comes to licensing issues. That's reflected by the prices they charge. You can get most things through mail order a lot cheaper with less hassle. What's it like where you live? Hank

Hank, there are a couple shops in my home town in Wisconsin. One was right downtown - a cement building and not exactly aesthetically appealing but it wasn't in a seedy part of town. The other way a bit more out of the way but still not in a bad place. I never really gave any thought to the sale of toys being illegal because.. it just wasn't that way where I came from.

Quote 0 0
Roadie
Ours are in strip malls. Not in new ones that seem to spring up every other day...but not in bad parts of town either. In fact, I dont know if they have them in seedy parts of town. I dont go there!

Quote 0 0
Well in Corpus Christi we had 2 sex shops, a nice one in the mall where the couples would shop and one next to the strip club in the seedy part of town. Funny thing is the nice one got raided by the cops all the time. meaning vice would send in an undercover officer posing as a shopper while half the town was crawling with crackheads. I think they were shut down eventually. anyway, that's why we started shopping online.

Quote 0 0
Tabu Toypro
Here is a snippet from the article regarding the overturn of the ban on sex toys in Texas last February:

Phil Harvey, president of Adam & Eve Inc., said the 5th Circuit Court's decision was a big step forward. He said his business plans to expand to sell in stores and at home parties, something company consultants had been fearful to do because of the Texas law.

"I think it's wonderful, but it does seem to me that since Texas was one of three states in the country — along with Mississippi and Alabama — that continued to outlaw the sale of sex toys and vibrators, that it was probably past time," Harvey said Wednesday.

Alabama is in the 11th Circuit. But now it's unlikely that the law in Mississippi, which also is in the 5th Circuit, will be prosecuted, some legal experts said.

Virginia's law barring obscene items is different from other state laws and does not seem to apply to sex toy sales, said Harvey, whose company distributes nationwide.

Louisiana, Kansas and Colorado had laws barring obscene devices, but courts have since struck them down, the 5th Circuit judges wrote in their ruling. The 11th Circuit Court of Appeals struck down a Georgia law banning the advertising of sex toys, which can be sold under some approved circumstances.

The 5th Circuit Court's decision is encouraging for Sherri Williams, who has been fighting the issue in Alabama for a decade. Williams, who owns Pleasures stores in Alabama, sued in 1998 after state lawmakers banned the sale of sex toys there. A year ago, she lost her fight again when the U.S. Supreme Court refused to consider a lower court decision upholding the Alabama law as constitutional.

Williams hopes that lawmakers will take notice of the recent Texas case and support a newly filed bill in the Alabama Legislature to overturn the ban on adult toy sales.

"I think the courts are finally listening to the people," Williams said Wednesday. "You have `Sex and the City,' `Desperate Housewives' and other shows promoting what society is doing. I think the courts have finally opened their eyes and looked around, which is a miracle in the South."

Shop safe at Tabutoys.com
Read our Sex Blog!
Quote 0 0
Tabu Toypro
Ohhh crap...check out this news about new bans in Coweta County, Georgia!

http://forums.tabutoys.com/community/index.php?topic=996.0;topicseen
Shop safe at Tabutoys.com
Read our Sex Blog!
Quote 0 0
human_fighter
lol ummm here in Bew brunswick canada they might as well be most cities here have like one shitty shop... in Ottawa Ontario half the stores are up scale boutiques just off main shopping areas down town... the shitty seedy places there get almost no business. In Montreal they have stores for pretty much anything you could want
Quote 0 0
PrincessKLS
Well I decided recently to buy the vibrating touch but not at the website, on their website they make it clear they don't want anyone from an "illegal state" to buy one. So I bought one on amazon but I don't have it yet, I figure it'll come in tommorrow.
Quote 0 0