Have you come out yet? Coming out of the closet is probably one of the biggest challenges I've have to go through.
I'd like to hear other peoples experiences that have gone through the stages of coming out already.
Quote 0 0
Oh, I was gay before I knew what "gay" meant. I had the biggest crush on Mr. Clean! My poor Mother had to deal with it very early but she was very supportive so I am extremely lucky in that respect.
Quote 0 0
sexilezi
I came out about 3 years ago.. or rather I was outted. My Girlfriend and I got together and some how her parents found out and told mine. Our realtionship went down hill from there, but oh well thats a whole nother story
Quote 0 0
Before I came out I didn't know what it was like to have sex with boys, I just knew its what I wanted. You know how you say you think your gay and then everybody says "if you haven't had sex yet how do you know?" Well. I wanted to know so I bought a blow up doll with a picture of a hot guy on the cover. My way of finding out the truth. My mistake. Reeked of vinyl. Leaked air. Flimsy cock. It was not a magic moment but I did my best. That thing was in shreds when I was done with it. Oh the shame.

After that I can't believe I'm still gay.

Quote 0 0
Lixx36
I have to come out over and over again! It was hard enough when I first had to come out to my family. Like many of my parents were extremely homophobic. It was rough at first but now they are pretty much over it, for the most part. However, I had a sneaking suspicion that my family, siblings included, had known long before I really knew that I was gay.
Anyway, the "cat is out of the bag" so to speak, but I still find myself anxiety-ridden when I have to explain to a co-worker or a new aquaintance what my preference is.  (I guess people just naturally assume that when you are a young, attractive female you are automatically straight.) I avoid any and all "have a boyfriend" conversations, because I have nothing to really contribute. It's not that I have any shame about who I am, I just hate that uncomfortable silence and the fact that I feel obligated to lay it out there at all.
“Some women can't say the word lesbian... even when their mouth is full of one.”
Quote 0 0
Mine was..different. The person I first came out to was my highschool girlfriend. I went with lots of girls before I fessed up. It was easy coming out with my Mom because she was the one that raised me and we were always very close. I guess the hardest one I had to admit it to was my brother who was and still is a homophobe.
Quote 0 0
I dated some girls too but my Mother and my sisters outed me before I even knew I was gay. It was easier for me because if anyone had anything to say about it my sisters would beat them up.
Quote 0 0
I came out to my cousin to start with then told the rest of the family.

My mum didn't take it well at all. It took here about 5 years to come to terms with it but now shes like a fag hag.
Quote 0 0
I came out like 5 minutes ago. I'm coming out right now.
Quote 0 0