I was just reading Nerve.com's hilarious article Ridiculous Tips for a
Miserable Sex Life
and marveling at the amount of bad sex advice dispensed by magazines. To up your man's libido, "take him to the mall!" Really?  But magazines aren't always the culprits either, some of the very worst advice can come from your own friends. Who as a teenager didn't hear the one about the Coca-cola douche?

Reminds me of a story from my late teens. Knowing I wanted to impress my then boyfriend, a good friend told me I should bring a bottle of honey to the bedroom. Good old Honey is practically a metaphor for sex-what could possibly go wrong?

I won't go into the sticky details but there's a reason honey is a typical ingredient in body hair removal kits.

What's the worst sex advice you've ever heard of?
Quote 0 0
Whoever thought it would be a good idea to bleach your anus? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard but there are clinics opening up around LA that do this. Probably because people read about it in a magazine  :
Quote 0 0
That album cover does take me back. As for sex advice, I can remember reading a medical textbook from the 50s that referred to women who like to "thrust their hips" during sex as having a psychological aberration and even likened it to penis envy.
Quote 0 0
Adriana
using 2 condoms for extra protection ranks up there d=
Quote 0 0
Hank Alvarez
After thirty-five years in high school and community college classrooms I overheard a lot of misinformation being passed around that left me shaking my head. Sadly, I couldn't legally correct them- that's their parent's job.These are some I can remember of the top of my head:
1. You can't get pregnant the first time.
2. You won't get pregnant if he pulls out before he comes.
Quote 0 0
P Gell
Tabu wrote:

What's the worst sex advice you've ever heard of?

"Wait until your wedding night." I am SO glad I didn't listen.
I can be tolerant of almost anything....except Intolerance........and Dairy Products
Quote 0 0
I've always thought the one about oysters being an aphrodisiac is utter bullshit.
Quote 0 0
Hank Alvarez
Abstinence, which is taught by every religion that I know of, is pure unadulterated bullshit. Thank God the lady that broke me in at an early age told me, "Sex is like buying shoes, you have to try them on to make sure they fit." That was the best advice I ever got. And I practiced it.  I tried on a lot of ladies before I decided on the one I married and I wish I'd me t her twenty years earlier. HHH
Quote 0 0
I also remember the old chestnut about using creme de menthe as a sexual lubricant. Terrifying idea.
Quote 0 0
studley
I remember being told a woman can't get pregnant unless she has an orgasm.
Quote 0 0